Anybody got 2 15s????? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Anybody got 2 15s?????
Saturday, March 12, 2005 9:35 AM
I want to put two 15s in the trunk. I was wondering if anybody has this setup and if so, what are the pros and cons of the setup. Im not really caring for SQ, i just want a stereo thats loud. Thanx

-Terence

Re: Anybody got 2 15s?????
Saturday, March 12, 2005 9:51 AM
CON = Lack of trunk space.

(I don't have them, but I imagine a lot of 15"s would require a good deal of airspace to perform well. I'm sure there are some that don't, but I've seem a lot that did.)

Saturday, March 12, 2005 10:17 AM
my 2 15's take up most of my trunk, sealed.

and they reattle everything to hell. everything rattles, squeeks, jumps, and my trunk wants to jump off my car.

Saturday, March 12, 2005 1:25 PM
i had two cerwin vegs 15's in a ported box crammed in my 95 cavalier. took some work to get it all in there, and a little bit of cutting sheet metal, but the plastic moldings cover up the cuts and make it look nice. I hit a 156.3 db at competition continuously. i was running a 1800 D lanzar amp
Sunday, March 13, 2005 2:09 PM
My sister had two 15" volfenhags hooked up to a mtx audio 81000D class d amp gain turned all the way up ,and everything rattled. But it was loud the 2 months the subs did last lmao cheap things. But anyways it took a while to find a box that fit. suprisinly enough she had a decent amount of trunk space left over. I mean not a ton but enough for like 3 book bags. This was in a 99 sunfire. so i dunno if they changed the trunk or anything.

Sunday, March 13, 2005 4:25 PM
^blew the back window out too right?? lmfao

--------------------------------------------------------------
Offical dealer for the following-

SOUNDSTREAM
DB LINK
DB DRIVE
PANASONIC
GARMIN
ROSEN
SCOSCHE
XE DESIGNS
SOUNDGATE
PAC
LITEGLOW

Sunday, March 13, 2005 6:37 PM
I had 2 in my cavy before i wrecked it. Custom built the box. I had them hitting like 12's and just loud as hell if i wanted. trunk didnt rattle too back. Honestly though, if i had it to do all over again. I probably would do a nice set of 12's. 15's are cool for a little while. But it too forever building the right box witht he right size. Tweaking the deck settings and amp to get them sounding good. Just get 12's man.

Read, then process the info, think logically, than if you don't have a headache afterwards, post your response
Monday, March 14, 2005 4:44 AM
I do depending on the subs it should not be a big deal at all.
Monday, March 14, 2005 10:38 PM
i got 2 Kicker CVR 15s in my trunk in the smallest sealed box i could build for them and i have almost no trunk space at all. but i did sound off at 153 Db
Wednesday, March 16, 2005 1:46 PM
hey, i have 2 MTX Thunder 6000 15" subs in my trunk of a 99 cavy z24 and they rattle everthing but they sound amazing. I have a 1400 w 2 channel power accoustic amp pushing the drivers. I have them in a sealed box and it gives me a little room but looking to build bigger and better
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search