Memphis Mojo or JL 12W6 - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Memphis Mojo or JL 12W6
Wednesday, March 16, 2005 6:26 AM
I am at about that time to upgrade my system, well I dont know what to do, I am sick of my old setup, 3 12" memphis amd 1000 watt amp, SO my question is, I want it to be so freakn loud so I could hear the bass with the doors closed down the block, Not saying I would play it that loud, i would just be to satisfy me, SO I ether want to get memphis mojo and Jl 12w6(I think that is the really really good one) and the mojo or jl amp to match it, money it really not a problem, I just want it to be loud so that I could use it in a competition, any advice would be helpful...thanks

Re: Memphis Mojo or JL 12W6
Wednesday, March 16, 2005 6:48 AM
well, if you can't get your three Memphis subs to get as loud as they should be, how well do you think you'll do with just new equipment? I'm not bashing or anything. But your other post covers it too. If you have a kick-a$$ sub, and amp, but put it in a crappy enclosure, that's not designed for the subs, it's gonna sound like crap. The box that your three M's are in, was it home-made, storebought, custom? There are a lot of little details missing. are they 10's, 12's? How are they wired, and all that. Looking at the 12" MClass, they are only rated at 200 watts RMS each. But with the right box, and tuning, they could be a very nice sounding sub.

Whichever route you take, make sure you build things to spec, and you should be a bit happier.

Thursday, March 17, 2005 7:36 PM
powerbass xtreme subs and a new powerbass xtreme amp that's the way I would go the amp are crazy. a friend of mine sold his mojo and got one of the powerbass amps I'd go that route
Friday, March 18, 2005 8:29 AM
with 1000 watts right now your going to need at least 2000 watts to make any noticable diffrence, and if you go from 3 subs to 1 sub your lible to use any spl u gained from doubling the watts. chances are its pretty loud now, your just going deaf.u can start damaging your hearing with as little as 100 watts.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search