Lightning Audio - Need advice QUICK! - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Lightning Audio - Need advice QUICK!
Wednesday, March 16, 2005 2:42 PM
Hi! Just stumbled across what seems to be a very nice deal on ebay. Heres the link http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5760556531&fromMakeTrack=true

They call it the Fast and Furious ltd edition kit, its a 10" Lightning Audio sub, sealed box, 450wmax ( they don't say the rms though... ) Lightning amp, with the wires, everything.

With the shipping I would be paying under 100$USD, and it says it,s brand new. Would you buy that??? I had a very nice MTX/Pioneer setup last year, sold it though because I was not listening anymore to boomy music, but now I miss it. I'm not looking for extremely loud stuff, just something that sounds good ( no distortion ) and that will shake my car up a bit. I'd be building a nice large ported enclosure for it too.

Let me know what you think!1

Thanks,

G

Re: Lightning Audio - Need advice QUICK!
Wednesday, March 16, 2005 4:01 PM
yeah, I've seen this offer before. You're looking at an RMS of around 200 maybe. You'll notice it there, but I'm not sure it's gonna shake your car a bit, as you hope.

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 4:07 PM
Walmart used to sell those for 99.99 I think

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 6:15 PM
Best buy had those for the longest time, almost bought one, but then i saw some rockfords, that i will be getting sometime.
Wednesday, March 16, 2005 6:39 PM
they areeeeee..... crapp crappp crapppollaa
Wednesday, March 16, 2005 7:14 PM
i wouldnt call them crap but for not much more you can get a bazooka entry level kit or better yet 2 mtx road thunder 12s in a sealed box with the bazooka mono amp(i run these in 10s and they hit plenty hard for an ok compartment)

wicked
Wednesday, March 16, 2005 11:44 PM
hey i have the same amp i got for 69.99 at circuit city last year. it powers a old JL12w1 in a 2.5cube ported box. It sounds great makes my car rattle and shake so i am happy. and i have had the same JL12 since 1994 lol beat daily my next sub will be a JL8 w?

see ya!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search