Alpine Components - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Alpine Components
Tuesday, December 13, 2005 2:31 PM
I have been looking at upgrading my speakers from the ones I have now...

Front: Pyle 4x6 200 watt

Rear: Pioneer 6x9 220 watt

Subs: 2-12" MTX 500 watt

AMP: (Can't think of the brand) 720 watt

Was going to go for clear sound and no subs...for the time being anyway. Any suggestions and/or links to helpful places would be greatlly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Alpine Components
Tuesday, December 13, 2005 4:31 PM
What's your budget? Your topic is Alpine Components, but are you open to other ideas?

"Wenn ich gehen lasse von, was ich ich bin, werden Sie, was ich bedeutet werde, um zu sein."
Tuesday, December 13, 2005 7:32 PM
I have some JL AUdio 12W3v2's for sale . They be a nice upgrade for ya.

Check the classifides. The price cant be beat!

Thursday, December 15, 2005 8:02 PM
Look for CDT audio classic components. Good clean sound for a good price. I would get two sets if I wasn't going to run any subs. A pair for the doors (or kick panels) and a pair for the rear deck, amp them, and it'll sound great.

Thursday, December 15, 2005 8:03 PM
Oh, and depending on what kind of amp you have you might even be able to use them for the components.

Sunday, December 18, 2005 7:34 PM
eDi 6000s Components $125

A friend and I had to do alot of modifying to fit 5.25" Alpine Type Rs in his sunfire doors. They are very deep speakers and they just barely clear the glass with almost 1' of baffle. The grilles also had to be cut and in the end were removed because the speakers on long throws would hit.

09 HHR LS, Wife's Car
05 Cavalier, Clarion DXZ375MP, Autotek MM8000.5 & 13Kv.2, wife's old car, updates coming soon
Monday, December 19, 2005 5:33 AM
it doesnt help that our cars dont have much room in there to begind with. took me a full day to get my kappa perfects in my fire. ended up going with 5/8 and it still rubs just a bit. had to cut the grille and everything too.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005 3:42 PM
My budget is approx $1000. I have no plans to add another sub setup since I want to run a rear strut bar, but you know how well you stick to your plans. Yeah, I am open to other options, if you have another idea please toss it up. Also, the AMP is a 4-channel.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005 11:09 PM
u want clean sound go 1 10" type E sub
type R 6X9's 2 way
pioneer 2 way 4X6's
alpine cde 9845 hu
2 alpine v power amplifiers, make 1 of them the mono amp for the sub only.
i like 2 way speakers more than 3 or 4 way. they sound cleaner to me and i let the sub do all the bass, i listen to rock music so i dont like my sub to be distorted. hope i was of help to you.

Best Time 15.917 at 86.86MPH

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search