security question???? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
security question????
Sunday, January 07, 2007 4:01 PM
i was wondering what kind of upgrades anyone has done to protect their rides,i know shaving is a good one which im in the process of doing at least to the trunk,someone got my mp3 player ,radar and speakers and amp thru the trunk before i put the alarm on.the alarm i have is the hornet 740 t,i know its not a very good one but im getting the other optional componets to go with it like the dei glass audio sensor and the perimeter sensor what else can i do?someone took one of my headlight covers, yes only one how stupid,ive also bolted my new radar detector right to the dash and bolted my n2o bottle brackets to the body along with locks for the brackets,any ideas what else i could do?do they make an alarm that shocks you with a few thousand volts?

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"

Re: security question????
Sunday, January 07, 2007 5:40 PM
If ya shock em, you're screaming law suit. A good 2 way pager alarm is beneficial, a 2 stage microwave sensor is a good idea.

Monday, January 08, 2007 9:09 AM
Monday, January 08, 2007 9:36 AM
The alarm that you have now, take it out and sell it. Go get you one with an auto page remote. It will tell you how they are getting in, trunk, door, shock sensor, it keeps memory of the last 2 times the alarm went off. The fob will beep at you when the alarm is going off, make sure it has extended range, like 1000ft.

I have an Avital A440 alarm, had auto page, remote start, tells me the temp in my car.. all kinds of neat stuff. $500 though, but you can't put a price on protecting your stuff.

1983 Camaro Z28
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search