Alarm Question - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Alarm Question
Wednesday, January 31, 2007 5:48 PM
Ok, so I'm getting a Viper 791XV soon, and I'll be installing it myself. I've done a few, but not on a Cav. On my DEI sheet, it says I need the 555LW for the bypass, but also the 457GW as a "combo interface"? It's noted "Can use the 1700G or 457GW to bypass the Passlock II, but it will not control the door logs on this model year." Does that just mean I need the 555LW and that's it? that's what I'm thinking.

Just wanna confirm. thx

Re: Alarm Question
Wednesday, January 31, 2007 6:35 PM
Another question as well... since there isn't a domelight supervision wire, can I use a relay to use the 200mah negative trigger, so that when I unlock the car the dome light comes on? I know the dome light it a negative trigger as well.... and this is currently how I have my cathodes hooked up.

Thursday, February 01, 2007 3:59 AM
use the door triggers and diode isolate them.

Thursday, February 01, 2007 8:36 AM
I know that part for the door triggers... ah well, it was just an idea I had. maybe it'll work, maybe it won't.

Thursday, February 01, 2007 12:17 PM
Get the 555lw, use the lock/unlock motors off the driver's kick panel, and use relays to reverse polarity.

Thursday, February 01, 2007 1:32 PM
the 791xv has a built in polarity selector. I know both lock/unlock's are positive triggers.

My question was when the alarm goes off, what can I do to make the dome light (interior lights) turn on (like factory)? or will it do it automatically? In other cars we hooked up the Dome Supervision wire (negative trigger, 200mah through a relay). The Cav's don't have a dome supervision wire built in.

Thursday, February 01, 2007 6:44 PM
You could have it pulse the door trigger so it would turn the dome light on.

Thursday, February 01, 2007 9:05 PM
That's true, then have it stop if I re-arm it. I'll play with it.

Sunday, February 04, 2007 12:17 AM
Just use the 555L, your only gonna use the following wires

RED - 12V
PINK - IGN
Blue/Black - Status input
Black - Passlock Ground input
Black/Yellow - R-Code - BCM SIDE
Yellow - R-Code - Keyside

Don't use the BLACK/WHITE or the VOILET wires.

I had my Alarm installed YEARS ago when I 1st got my car, and when I UNARM/UNLOCK the doors the dome light comes on, I think the cars that came with Keyless Entry will do this automatically. Not sure but I think so. You could hook it up and just try it to see if it works. Also when I arm my alarm the dome light goes through a small delay and then turns off, if I do not arm the alram the delay is longer for sure. My car is in storage as of now so I can't tell you what he hooked up. But like I said you could just hook up the locks and see if it automatically works.

Monday, February 05, 2007 6:10 PM
Also on my 2003 when I lock/unlock my doors with my Compustar Remote Starter the dome light turns on/off and there was no extra wiring there.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search