Car alarm/bypass modules.... - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Car alarm/bypass modules....
Thursday, September 23, 2010 7:07 AM
Ok, so I did a search, but I just want to make sure I know for sure before I get going with my alarm install. I am picking up either the Autopage RS915, or the Viper 5901. Since I have a manual tranny, and no real desire to have the remote start on the car, would it be necessary for me to get the bypass module? From what I understand it is only needed for the remote start, but I don't want to get halfway done with the install and then find out that I need to order the bypass and be unable to use my car for a while.

Also if anyone has other recommendations other than the two alarms listed for a good 2-way paging alarm I would appreciate the input. Those are just the two that seemed to look pretty nice.

If there is anything else that I may need to know before starting this any help would be great, (things to buy, random knowledge from others who have installed an alarm, ect...)

Thanks in advance!

Re: Car alarm/bypass modules....
Thursday, September 23, 2010 9:16 AM
i have the viper 5901 myself and it works great....if i was you i would get the bypass and have the starter as well...and if you never done a viper alarm system install i would get it installed by a tech...their a little tricky sometimes
Thursday, September 23, 2010 10:01 AM
well like i said, it is a 5 speed and i don't have a working parking brake, so the starter isn't really an option right now...

Sunday, September 26, 2010 11:57 AM
If your not doing a remote start then you don't need a bypass module. Just hook up the alarm portion of it. Plus viper manual modes kinda suck because if anything is triggered like seeing a door open or trunk open then it will lock out of remote start.
Sunday, September 26, 2010 12:17 PM
Alright. Thanks for the input.

Sunday, September 26, 2010 12:52 PM
Question though. Why get a system with a remote start when your not going to use it. Why not just get an alarm/keyless entry unit and save some money.
Sunday, September 26, 2010 2:32 PM
bluecavi04 _ wrote:Question though. Why get a system with a remote start when your not going to use it. Why not just get an alarm/keyless entry unit and save some money.

Because I want the 2 way communication, and I haven't found any real nice alarm only with 2 way capability.

Sunday, September 26, 2010 8:54 PM
http://www.clifford.com/Products/Product.aspx?ProductID=706

http://www.clifford.com/Products/Product.aspx?ProductID=705

http://www.viper.com/P-3305V/Viper-Responder-350-2-way-Security-System

all of these are great directed products that are just security and two ways. I put these in on almost a daily basis with no problems.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search