2005 sunfire clutch bypass? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2005 sunfire clutch bypass?
Tuesday, October 12, 2010 7:17 PM
hey guys i have recently installed a remote start i know all my wires are where they shoukld be. however it just dose not want to start I can hear the remote starter clicking but nothing else besides the lights flashing in my car is happening.. with that being said i have been looking some things up and have come accross the need for a clutch bypass...i thought the D*amn thing would do it it self lol ...i gess not would any one be able to direct me to a clutch bypass for my 2005 sunfire..or is this not needed and it really just a diffrent proplem lol

Re: 2005 sunfire clutch bypass?
Wednesday, October 13, 2010 9:45 AM
When you push down your clutch it goes to this switch/button type dealy, when the clutch is engaged it completes a circuit and allows the car to start. I didn't do mine myself, my uncle did, but he said he just pulled the two wires and connected them directly to eachother so that the circuit is complete even without the clutch engaged. It only took him about 3 minutes. I'm guessing you installed a car starter for an automatic car, i have one that i wanted to put in my car but a local install shop told me it was illegal. Hope this helps, i'll stop by my uncles and get a run through on exactly what he did today.

2002 2200sfi 5-speed.
Re: 2005 sunfire clutch bypass?
Thursday, October 14, 2010 6:50 PM
Hey Adam,

The remote start i have been installing is a Prostart 3 in one for manual or auto .if you could talk to your uncle about it that be great thanks
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search