anyone try these cadence componets? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
anyone try these cadence componets?
Tuesday, May 10, 2011 8:57 PM
So i changed my mind on the mb quarts cause i want something that handles more power. I heard the new type-r 6.5 componets the other day and loved them, but im considering these cadence ones and just wondered if anyone has tried them and what there thoughts on them are if so . The ones in question are the cwm6kit and the zrs65k6.

Re: anyone try these cadence componets?
Tuesday, May 10, 2011 9:01 PM
CWM6Kit's are low end, as their price reflects. Don't expect them to really impress you. For the money, they're ok. But they aren't that good at all.
I don't have personal hands-on experience with the ZRS components, as I never bothered to go too deep into Cadence's speakers back in the day when Cadence was a big audio forum boner. I ask, as I did before, what kind of budget are you looking to put into your components?

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

"You really need to staple your face shut"-THE Joey Baggs.
Tuesday, May 10, 2011 9:08 PM
Thanks for the info, I wondered since they were so cheap. They do look nicer than the onyx comps though,lol. I dont know on the budjet exactly probably max of about $250 on the componets. I still have to buy another amp and some 0 ga wire for my big 3 and i would like to keep entire build cost to around $500-$600

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 9:14 PM
I just dont think im that interested in the rainbows (no offence). the other day i listened to 3 componets ll amped at the audio shop and will tell u my opinions on them. Boston acoustic(mids sucked highs were nice) jl audio (sounded like garbage,the mid was muddy and the highs were lacking alot) Type-r (nice clear midbass with plenty of kick and really nice highs although i liked the boston highs better.) oh i also heard the typ-s and the were ok, but nothing to get excited about.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 9:38 PM
Well, for the price, you will be hard pressed to beat the quality both in sound and build But if you flat out won't even give them a chance, I'm not going to waste my breath. Hope you find what you are looking for in some off the shelf brand. Also, your new sig is too big.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 10:55 PM
Which JLs did you listen to?

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 6:08 AM
cheap companies usually make there speakers and amps look nice because thats what gets most people to buy them. too many people buy audio with there eyes instead of there ears. if its cheap and looks pretty where do you think all the money for building them went to?

you also have to be very careful about listening in audio stores. was the volume at the same level for all componets? (in tests 75% of people thought the speakers that were being played loudest sounded the best) so an old audio trick is to turn the volume up a little bit more on the speakers they happen to be pushing at the time to get more sales.

were all the speakers at the same level. if one speaker is ear level and another is chest level the sound of the two will be diffrent.

how were the speakers angled. were they both angled to you.

were they facing you on a flat wall and you were listening to speakers designed for off axis listening.

allot of stuff to think about when you test out speakers.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, May 11, 2011 10:46 AM
All speakers were on the same Kenwood head unit with the eq flat. All of them were also on the same amp. They were all within a foot of each other, and he was trying to sell the jl said they were his favorite o ones.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 7:12 PM
JL, the thing is i don"t have a problem spending big money on something i can hear and decide if its what i like. I know u and others rave about rainbow, but every other audio forum like termpro talks down about them and up talks hybrid. I would rather buy something i can hear and i know i like than take a chance on something that expensive. You have to understand that, personally i think alot of these small companies would sell alot more if they would get there products out there for people to listen 2.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 7:26 PM
The same forum that down talks Rainbow also talks up Hybrid? Funny... The things(truths) that y supplier could say about Hybrid, how they got started, and who they are go the other way. One hates the other and vice versa. On top of that, you are taking SQ advice from Termpro???

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 8:01 PM
I didnt say i was taking advice from them . I have read alot about rainbow and other speakers. Everyone has different opinions on speakers and audio equipment in general. One person swears by this and another swears by this. Personally i havent heard much of the "high end" brands. I have heard focal and hertz wich were good ,but i dont think good enough to spend what they cost.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 8:01 PM
I had the CWM-6KIT and liked them although my Memphis M Class's are much louder and fuller sounding.
Wednesday, May 11, 2011 8:44 PM
Which JL's did you listen to?

Thursday, May 12, 2011 4:45 AM
heres's the thing. hydrid audio are great drivers. started by an avid SQ competitor and employee of alpine for allot of years. they are tearing it up in competition right now. the guys that are fighting over rainbow versus hybrid are fighting over small diffrences. its like your comparing a ferrari and a lamborghini. both camps are going to hate on the other one but when it comes down to it, both companies are still worlds above the fords and chevys and hondas on the road. if you get a focal or a dynaudio or hybrid or rainbow your going to most likely love them. unless your going for the competitive high end super anal sound. if you were you'd know about every brand and how they sound and know what you want.

its like saying. well the guy who owns the ferrari says the lamborghini is junk so im going to buy the camaro instead.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Thursday, May 12, 2011 7:45 PM
They were the c5 evolution ones bradsk88 and they were terrible! I really expected them to sound awesome, but instead they sounded like garbage.

Friday, May 13, 2011 4:22 AM
wouldn't surprise me if they werent crossed over properly or were just setup wrong. wouldnt be the first shop.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search