The GM Supercharger sticky is here! Please people read this before putting up another post in which there is already 100’s of.
Before I start with the information, If anyone would like to add their part please do so!
First of all, the gm s/c was designed by GM for 2000+ j-bodies…..Over the years many of us have installed this unit onto our Pre 99 cars.
What you will see below is the list and needed mods that I know of (To the best of my ability). Again if I leave anything out please put it in here. I am only putting this up to help people that can’t find their answers.
General installation time has been from 3.5 hours to 9 hours, depending on your speed and knowledge of what your doing.
If you are wanting to get part #’s for certain parts here is a link-
After clicking, wait for the little box at the bottom right so u can zoom in!
1 step colder that come with the kit- Part# 05613717
2 step colder plugs that some(Including myself)are using-Part #5614285
Both plugs are AC Delco plugs in case anyone wonders.
Ok so you have a 1999 Cavalier/Sunfire and you want to buy a supercharger kit. Great, Now what do you need you ask? Well here’s a list of things………
1. You need the s/c kit obviously J
2. Most of the 1999 cars were equipped with high impedance(skinny) injectors, no egr, and already have the smaller 2000+ starter. Therefore your install is going to be easier than a pre 98 car.
3. The only things you will not be able to use in the kit is the 2 bar map sensor, and get the computer reflash. Just resell the map and you’ll make some money back J
4. Since the computer will not be able to read the boost(You wont have the reflash), You will need a afpr to adjust your base idle pressure because of the larger injectors, and some sort of fuel management (i.e.- Cartech fmu, emanage, etc)
5. Having some type of Wideband o2 sensor will help you in your tuning process also. This will aid in knowing if you are running rich/lean.
So you want to install the s/c kit on your 98 Pre Cavalier/Sunfire. Well here’s a list of things you will need to do/buy. Again if I have missed anything please add to this post.
Well now you guys have a little more work to do than the 1999 guys so here it is:
You will need to go buy:
1. Starter from a 2000+ car(Smaller starter)
2. Egr block off plate (Jake aka GreenZ would be able to help as far as egr goes)
3. Your injectors are LOW IMPEDANCE(Fat ones), therefore you CAN’T use the injectors that come with the supercharger kit. So you will either be able to use your stock injectors, or you can buy bigger ones from RC Engineering.
4. Along with the 99 cars, your computer will NOT be able to read boost, so you will need some “fuel tuning devices” such as:
a. FMU(To raise the fuel pressure as you get into boost)
b. AFPR (To adjust the base idle pressure if you buy bigger injectors)
c. Bigger injectors would be recommended(Some guys have been using stock injectors w/ an fmu and bigger fuel pump and have had no problems-(Jake/GreenZ)
d. I would also suggest upgrading your fuel pump to a Walbro 255lph pump.
5. I would also strongly recommend buying some type of wideband o2 so you can see exactly how rich/lean you are running since you will not be using the reflash.
6. Like the 99 guys, You will be able to resell the map sensor and injectors and make some money back.
Basically what I wanted to do here was give a “General” overview of what is needed and how to’s on this supercharger kit. Once again if anyone has anything to add PLEASE DO SO!
Car is for Sale!Supercharger kit is for sale!