Jcavi comes home :) - Page 2 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Jcavi comes home :)
Thursday, July 05, 2007 7:56 AM
Now I am beginning to wonder what the real reason was for not working on it

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Friday, July 06, 2007 6:20 PM
QBE (The Boosted One) wrote:Now I am beginning to wonder what the real reason was for not working on it

I was thinking the same thing for a while

however, for whatever reason, Ive been able to get ahold of josh everythime I call, and now hes actually asking me to update him tommorw with progress.
however I still had a big issue at hand. I wasnt able to crank my motor, and I was running out of options.

I made an agreement to my self when I bought the car home, that I wasnt going to take it any farther then the crank pulley. If I had to bissabmble the timing assembly, I was going to speak to josh about getting my money back or having him come up to fix it.

this still stands..... but we may not have to go there

I contacted josh and told him that looseing the cam caps wasnt cutting it. I wasnt getting anywhere. the bolt just kept clicking and tighting down. I new we where having issues, becuase the crank bolt is grade 8 and the damn thing wasa warping.

so we brain stromed and he assured me that he had had it rotating, and swore there was no mechanical lock.

trying to figure out, a little bit more, I asked what he had changed since he last spun the motor. he told me that all he had changed was the cover and the pulley. well I new the cover had nothing to do with it, but my freind had mentioned that the pulley looked really close, and when we tried to remove it wouldnt come off.

so now where thinking that mabye the pully is pressed to far on to the crank and it is rubbing the cover, which would cause it to not spin.

so tommorw off comes the pulley with a puller and on goes a crank key, if it doesnt spin then,...... its going to spin. please prey or wish me luck or anything, Im really gonna need to catch a break tommorw, if I want to make it to the bash.

ps I will have pictures tommorw even if theres really nothing to show.

"Kick azz is my boost hero!!! "
Saturday, July 07, 2007 8:22 AM
good luck buddy!

Monday, July 16, 2007 11:26 AM
IT SPINS

I finished my test at 11:00 I needed to be at the hotel on my way to eruope by 2:00

I figured if I hustled I could get the pulley off and try and spin the mototr one last time before I left.

needless to say it worked. I have a working engine. now its hustle time as soon as I get back to the states Im going to go nuts to try to make it to the bash.

I have a video that Im going to try and up load

Tuesday, July 17, 2007 5:53 AM
Jcavi wrote:minion installed my pistons about three months ago, droped the motor in the car, then just left it. the hood was down, but the spark plug holes and the timing cover were off along with the valve cover. he couldnt get the motor to turn fully with a short 9 inch wrench, says it will turn. today my buddy cranked on it a little and said he got it to budge. this weekend we are going to hit it with a breaker bar. Im going to douse the cams inj oil and fill the spark plug holes with a little bit of oil to grese up the rings. then if we get it to crank the next step is to check the starter, and try to build up some oil pressure with a good crank.

I think they guy who built your engine built the engine for a guy here ... I hate when people do this. Any dust / dirt in the motor and @!#$ starts to go and FAST! I would not be so much conserned with the spark plugs out but look at the timing cover area. You have your oil pump RIGHT there, you have balanceshaft bearings RIGHT there that if they sieze up they explode ( how do i know, the first motor i got had the same thing happen in the begining and them exploded and got in the oil system now i have around a 25 lb boat ancor for a crankshaft)

I personally would flush out the oil passages with oil to clean up any possible damages done to that area alone!

Also i agree with every one else and you should have honed the block!

Tuesday, July 17, 2007 10:28 AM
nah I should be fine. there is deffinelty no rust, I took off the valve covers and even some of the cam caps, there is no rust to be found not to mention if he is telling the truth, which I belive he is at this poit. (he has no reason to lie becuase he knows that Ill come after for money) the whole motor is in perfect blueprited speced order, (well at least the parts he installed, so lets look towards the future and just think positve and hoope that I can get it spinging for the bash

by the way Im going to venice tommorw (WOOTTTT)

Monday, July 30, 2007 6:54 PM
well heres the latest

I have been battleing the crank pulley, but it keeps getting worse.

every time I figure out a problem, another one rises. Im getting down to the bare esstianals now, so Im hoping my string of luck will break.

seeing as how I wasnt ready to have to pull the timing cover I had time to finish out some of the litte stuff. guess who is finally awake after being asleep for so long

consider it amnisa hower, because nethier of the cars two brains is currently hooked up. the stock one is just a plug and play orderal, however the megasquirt needs to be put in, and it needs to be done right this time.

for those that haven seen what Im workin with. here is a nice shot next to the bible. I want to hover around 300 on the street, and who knows for a loadless dyno. seeing as how my weakest point right now is my injectors and my trans. everything else has at least 400 ponie potential. If I get this running Im going to push the potential to the limits, I want to see what the setup can do :b

Monday, July 30, 2007 7:59 PM
Good luck jcavi.
I'm rooting for you.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search