Turbo Compressor housing Rotation - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Turbo Compressor housing Rotation
Friday, July 18, 2008 7:02 PM
I was just wondering if there was any reason why you couldnt rotate the compressor housing on a turbo... for instance my discharge points straight up in the air... well, it would be better for plumbing to the intercooler if it was pointing down... So was looking at things, and i dont see any reason your couldnt just unbolt the housing and rotate it and botl it back down in the orientation that works best for you...

but this is my first experience with turbos, so maybe someone here can enlighten me as to why this is a bad idea... if it even is.

Re: Turbo Compressor housing Rotation
Friday, July 18, 2008 7:22 PM
you can spin botu housings. unbolt the 6 bolts and spin it.

Friday, July 18, 2008 8:58 PM
take note though, you will more than likely need a new compressor gasket, especially if the turbo has been run for a while. I rotated the compressor on my old t3 and had to get a new gasket for it.
Saturday, July 19, 2008 9:53 AM
Yes you can rotate the compresser housing with no problem. It was facing down when I got it and I loosened those bolts and rotated it so it was pointing up for how I was going to use it.
Saturday, July 19, 2008 10:00 AM
welcome to "clocking" the turbo ......

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Saturday, July 19, 2008 11:03 AM
YEAH....ITS CALLED CLOCKING. MAKE SURE YOUR OIL INLET IS STRAIGHT UP, AND DRAIN STRAIGHT DOWN.....HOUSINGS CAN BE CLOCKED ANYWAY YOU WANT AFTER THAT.

Saturday, July 19, 2008 12:03 PM
That housing can be clocked any way you want. I had it pointed down when i used it. Loosen the bolts on the back side and rotate it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search