Feeler: CBM LS1/Vortec TB adaptor - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Feeler: CBM LS1/Vortec TB adaptor
Wednesday, September 26, 2012 6:29 PM
I tried this before and it didnt work, well I will try again and see what I can do.

I would like to see how many of you would like to get a GP together for this adaptor.

Or this Oil Filter Cap adapter

Tinkles bought and confirmed, that the Vortec TB's for the 4.3, 5.0, and 5.7 truck motors, have the same bolt pattern, and uses the same sensors as the LS1 TB. Here is a link to the thread that Tinkles made. I have the TB he purchase, and will confirm that all his reserach is correct.

The only thing that would have to be done, is a hole drilled to allow the usage of the stock nipple for the EVAP purge line. I could machine this into the adapters if you guys can't/don't want to, but it would require the adapter being shipped to me first, then to you. So there would be an extra fee for me shipping it out, and for the work done. I think 10-15 bucks would cover this.

I have not yet contacted CBM about this, but they were willing to work a deal last time, I am sure they will be able to again. I am going to leave this feeler thread open til next Wednesday, October 3rd 2012 and then if there are people interested, I will throw up a real GP thread. I do not have prices yet except what is on EBAY. I will be contacting CBM tomorrow.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, September 26, 2012 9:54 PM

Re: Feeler: CBM LS1/Vortec TB adaptor
Wednesday, September 26, 2012 6:32 PM
i wouldnt be in on that but that oil filter relocation kit I would be for sure.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 6:41 PM
Ok Vince I'll talk to him about that too. and its not a "kit" its just the adaptor for the filter cap.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 7:24 PM
well yeah i know. thats what I meant... I think right now its $150, id have $40 or so into fittings, another $40 into a filter housing, and $20-30 into lines... but hell yes to increased oil capacity!

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 7:38 PM
I'd be down.
Wednesday, September 26, 2012 7:42 PM
Lets start a list so I can decide weather to front the money for this.

1. Chris Wolff-EvoFire- TB adaptor.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 8:33 PM
kinda hard to gauge interest without an idea on pricing.

I'd potentially be interested but it would depend on price.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 8:52 PM
prices including shipping would be anywhere from 11-21 dollars off depending on how many will commit.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 9:37 PM
So my buddy just bought one of these for me since he owed me money. I will still run the GP when i find price out and all that.

From what Brent told me, for TB adapter, expect 11-21 dollars off depending on the number of people, and for the oil adapter, expect 15-25 depending on the amount of people.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 9:49 PM
In for oil adapter pending people and final price.

Thursday, September 27, 2012 3:59 AM
Im down but what to we do for the throttle cable bracket

z28guy(KGM BEOTCH)

Thursday, September 27, 2012 12:08 PM
z28guy wrote:Im down but what to we do for the throttle cable bracket

You would have to fabricate your own.

I got pricing for the both adaptors. Brent is looking for sales here, and already doesnt make a lot of money on either of these. The sale will be for TOTAL pieces orders. Meaning if we get 4 of one and 7 of the other, then that is still 11 pieces and the pricing for 11 pieces is in effect for both parts.

For the TB adapters, we are looking (depending on how many people want them) at 7, 12, or 16 dollars off with 10 dollar flat rate (probably overnight or 2 day) shipping. This puts total savings at 10, 15, or 19ish dollars once shipping is included.

For the Oil Filter Adapters, we are looking at 10, 15 or 20 dollars off with the same flat rate shipping. This puts total savings at 13, 18, or 23ish dollars once shipping is included.

If both pieces are ordered, you will get BOTH discounts, and shipping will be 15 flat rate.

Thursday, September 27, 2012 12:36 PM
For the oil adapter that allows us to run a remote filter? That's the idea?

Is a regular filter better then a cartridge like stock?

Being that I'm supercharged I'm kinda interested
Thursday, September 27, 2012 12:45 PM
it will allow the use of remote filter, and oil cooler if so desired. it allows for slightly more oil volume, and allows for use of cheaper spin on filter as compared to the cartridge style.

Thursday, September 27, 2012 12:53 PM
Not only that but it makes it easier for those with aftermarket intake manifolds to be able to change our oil filter. Nothing wrong with a cartridge style at all.

Thursday, September 27, 2012 1:00 PM
so like i said guys. this is a feeler thread, i need to know if people will commit before i start the GP so if you are interested, put down your make and what part you want.

Thursday, September 27, 2012 6:39 PM
throttle cable bracket is the problem for me...

Thursday, September 27, 2012 6:44 PM
there is a pretty good chance, that the stock cable will work with modification? Im just going to say, that if you cannot mod/make/locate/source/purchase a throttle cable bracket, then maybe this mod isnt for you.

Friday, September 28, 2012 1:50 AM
I planned on purchasing these anyways, so if we get it going sweet, if not, I'm in later anyways... so I'm on the list. Making a TB cable bracket don't scare me, and I haven't done much fab work at all. Modding an acquired spare stock L61 cable holder and having a local welder tack it on my adapter or where needed is simple enough if need be. Or maybe a more bolt on solution will present itself, always the possibility someone will figure it out soon, and post it up.... having Chris machine it or getting a local machinist to drill the evap hole would be 2 options that I have no problem with at all. Either way.

2. James Kellough-scorpio1- TB adapter/ Oil adapter

Friday, September 28, 2012 5:13 AM
Can they ship via USPS for us Canadians?
Friday, September 28, 2012 10:07 AM
they can ship usps dhl or ups for canadians, but it will be a bit more.

Saturday, September 29, 2012 11:25 AM
depending on the amount of people which dictates the discount amount, I might be interested as well. Im wanting to go the LS1 or Vortec tb route and need this adapter either way. Just wish the adapters werent so damn expensive..I already dropped $125 on my Katech one for the LSJ to L61 tb earlier this year. So Im on the list hoping we get enough people.

2. James Kellough-scorpio1- TB adapter/ Oil adapter
3. Derek Hammitt - blu04DD - TB adapter

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Sunday, September 30, 2012 4:12 PM
anyone else?

Monday, October 01, 2012 10:15 AM
Ok, so just to confirm all of this... The sensors are all the same between the lsj/ls1/ vortec TBs? Also, the additional cost for machining for the stock EVAP will be around 15 dollars extra?

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, October 01, 2012 1:40 PM
well, the sensors are the same from ls1 to vortec. they are different the stock l61 thought. The IAC is plug and play, and the TPS just needs an adaptor harness made. Tinkles was selling them, and maybe could be talked into another batch.

Yes that 15 bucks would include a brass hose bard nipple and machine time. if you wanted the actual evap nipple that goes on the stock manifold, then i would have to have that nipple prior. I am not looking to get rich, just to cover parts and gas to from the shop, and the price of the GP.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search