s/c belt information - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
s/c belt information
Wednesday, October 10, 2012 8:45 AM
I keep seeing conflicting information on belts and pullies, especially because some run spacers and some don't. I'm looking into a 3.1 pulley. Don't have any spacers, bigger idlers, or anything else. I saw ZZP sells the bigger pulley for the tensioner but would that be enough or should I just buy the stage 2 belt and cut a rib off with a razor blade. I really don't like the idea of cutting a belt but if that's what I have to do so be it. Who has experience with a 3.1 and no spacers?

"In Oldskool we trust"

Re: s/c belt information
Wednesday, October 10, 2012 10:20 AM
3.1 can use stock everything still no smaller or belt or bigger pulley needed

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 11:09 AM
That's outstanding news.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, October 10, 2012 11:39 AM
but you wouldnt want to go smaller anyways without cooling, and personally i wouldnt have a boosted car without it. its just not worth the risk. If youre willing to invest in aftermarket performance, you should be willing to invest in added security for your car. heat kills. the spacers, h/e, meth, etc all work to your advantage.

gotta love that whine though!

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Wednesday, October 10, 2012 12:10 PM
EvoFire wrote:3.1 can use stock everything still no smaller or belt or bigger pulley needed

Yep. For cooling my ZZP S3 H/E, Dualpass endplate, and Mustang Cobra overflow tank work very well.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 12:26 PM
Yeah it seems to me like anything below 3.1/3.0 is just a heat pump. I'm not totally sold on the spacer between the blower and the manifold; plus I'm really not impressed with the OEM piece I got. The one that goes to the head makes more sense but isn't something I want to do unless I have too. The ZZP S3 setup I have works pretty well, and I do have an overflow tank to add shortly. As for the dual pass, I just need to make myself do it.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, October 10, 2012 12:55 PM
i actually an running the 3.0 pulley on the STOCK belt with the ZZP or OTTP dont remember which oversized tensioner pulley. works great belt is kinda tricky to get on at times. I have the Cobra heat exchanger and pump, and a Brandon Fetter 1 gallon water/ice tank. I see 20ish degrees over ambient if i have been beating on it.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 12:59 PM
Is that a trunk-mount tank Chris?

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, October 10, 2012 1:26 PM
nope it is this tank

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 3:09 PM
Wow, that's awesome. I keep finding more reasons for a battery relocation.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, October 10, 2012 5:48 PM
garsh...*giggles....thats PURTY!

seriously..thats badass O.o
I need to relocate my battery..looks like you bought a race battery of some sort..pretty expensive?

Thursday, October 11, 2012 4:01 PM
So is that a Li battery or just a smaller acid one?

"In Oldskool we trust"
Thursday, October 11, 2012 4:14 PM
it isbt20 battery found here. everything needed to set it up was 130 bucks. works like a champ. the car starts stronger then it did with the optima, and the radio is crisper and more clear then with the optima.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, October 11, 2012 4:25 PM

Thursday, October 11, 2012 4:26 PM
wow $130 for a performance battery is cheap! thats shipped?
also, are you using the K&N elbow from the throttle body? I have some cheap plastic dryer crap that doesnt stay onto the AEM intake very well. Can I buy just that little elbow?

Thursday, October 11, 2012 10:25 PM
You can buy just the plastic piece of the AEM...I used to have the p/n but I don't think I do anymore...email them and they can supply you with the p/n. Pretty sure the piece is only like $80 or something.

Thursday, October 11, 2012 10:28 PM
only lol. thats the cost of a tb adatper! Ive been just trying to find it used..maybe find a badly used AEM intake on ebay or something cheap and just use that part, toss the piping.

Friday, October 12, 2012 12:24 AM
its the k&n elbow

Friday, October 12, 2012 7:57 AM
EvoFire wrote:its the k&n elbow

excellent thanks. someones bound to have this piece online cheap if im patient enough..

Friday, October 12, 2012 8:08 AM
BT-20

I'm strongly considering this. Free shipping as well.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Friday, October 12, 2012 12:02 PM
Y3llowCav wrote:BT-20

I'm strongly considering this. Free shipping as well.

good deal. i bought mine wholesale from a friend and then bought the side post terminals and the extra SAE terminals and the tray its mounted with. i thing for the pattery alone i paid about 70.

Friday, October 12, 2012 12:04 PM
blu04DD wrote:
EvoFire wrote:its the k&n elbow

excellent thanks. someones bound to have this piece online cheap if im patient enough..

Probably not, i have heard that K&N will NOT let this piece be sold alone. I paid damn near 60 bucks for mine.

And on that note, mine will be for sale once i have the 4.3 TB on. 60 shipped it can be yours?

Friday, October 12, 2012 12:44 PM
Hey evo you told me you had sold that to a buddy! I'm def interested in your intake if he backed out.
Friday, October 12, 2012 12:45 PM
I found the posts for another 15 bucks somewhere else, seems like a great deal for everything needed minus mounting equipment. I would probably just fab it myself. I'm trying to find room for my reservoir in that area. This could be the answer.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Friday, October 12, 2012 12:50 PM
Mr Newb wrote:Hey evo you told me you had sold that to a buddy! I'm def interested in your intake if he backed out.

the intake tube, the AEM part is sold....the k&n elbow however is not.

Friday, October 12, 2012 1:02 PM
Ahhh that's the part I really wanted, guess I should have been more clear! haha I have an old aem wai I should be able to use with that sitting around.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search