Portfueler MAP Sensor mounting - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Portfueler MAP Sensor mounting
Wednesday, June 05, 2013 7:08 PM
Is the best way to install the MAP sensor onto the Hahn Portfueler just using tubing hose clamped onto a barb fitting? All the holes on the portfueler are threaded and will tear up the o-ring on the sensor.

I saw a pic of John H's old portfueler setup and he just used tubing zip tied onto a fitting. I just don't know if that will hold up against boost. Any ideas? I'd rather not drill into my hella expensive intake

"You can only feed them semen for so long before their legs fall off."

Re: Portfueler MAP Sensor mounting
Wednesday, June 05, 2013 10:33 PM
It should be fine on the end of some hose. I've always had the map sensor for my m62 setup attached via vacuum hose since I don't use the tmap mounted in the manifold. 15 psi and no issues in over 2 years.

Thursday, June 06, 2013 7:01 AM
EVILution (KGMs FrankenCav) wrote:I've always had the map sensor for my m62 setup attached via vacuum hose since I don't use the tmap mounted in the manifold. 15 psi and no issues in over 2 years.

is this to prevent the dreaded heat soak issues?

"In Oldskool we trust"
Thursday, June 06, 2013 11:05 AM
No, I have a threaded IAT sensor in the manifold where the tmap would be. Started out the stock MAP, and now using a 2 bar..they wouldn't have fit snug in the tmap hole

Thursday, June 06, 2013 11:51 AM
My portfueler is an old school one, so it only had two vacuum ports, so I make my own larger vacuum port and ran it to a vacuum block.

That is totally irrelevant I guess but none the less this is what I did.

I took the vacuum line I had running from my vacuum block to my factory FPR, tee'd into it with another short vacuum line, took that rubber boot/o-ring thingy off the MAP sensor and simply slipped the vacuum line over the end. Secured it with a small zip tie just incase it tried to go anywhere.

It has held 13-14psi with no issues, and also help 19psi for a few seconds once (whoops!).

Simple and effective, I then zipped tied the MAP sensor up so I wouldn't just be dangling below the fuel rail by the harness and the vacuum line.

Thursday, June 06, 2013 5:39 PM
EVILution (KGMs FrankenCav) wrote:No, I have a threaded IAT sensor in the manifold where the tmap would be. Started out the stock MAP, and now using a 2 bar..they wouldn't have fit snug in the tmap hole

Ah, forgot about that little detail.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, June 06, 2013 5:39 PM

"In Oldskool we trust"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search