Thermostat lines loop? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Thermostat lines loop?
Sunday, June 23, 2013 6:54 AM
Is it possible to just loop the lines off the thermostat housing? They are resting against my turbo and will burn/melt a hole thru them. Or can they just be plugged off?

"You can only feed them semen for so long before their legs fall off."

Re: Thermostat lines loop?
Sunday, June 23, 2013 9:18 AM
Yes you can loop them. Youll just lose your heat
Sunday, June 23, 2013 10:41 AM
eh!!! Ive already deleted AC. Might as well lose heat. That's what sweaters are for. Thanks for the quick reply. I COULD re route them....just don't feel like buying more hose. Ive probably spent over $100 in shipping with Summit in the past month or two. ha!

"You can only feed them semen for so long before their legs fall off."

Sunday, June 23, 2013 1:28 PM
Dumb question but you cant just pull them over and zap strap them and wrap when with header wrap?
Sunday, June 23, 2013 3:54 PM
i have a top mount turbo with my exhaust going down the driver side but they are still out of the way... I need heat since I still drive when its cold and have the windows down...

Monday, June 24, 2013 4:30 AM
Do NOT block the lines off!!! Your car will more than likely overheat if you do it. I looped my heater core lines temporarily with my first turbo setup, and the loop got pinched most of the way together blocking a large amount of the flow, my car was very close to overheating multiple times. I made new lines and not a problem since in the 6+ years since I made them.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Thursday, June 27, 2013 7:47 PM
that why you go to the store and buy a molded U like i did haha
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search