somebody wanna build a m62 ld9 mani?? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
somebody wanna build a m62 ld9 mani??
Monday, August 19, 2013 4:31 PM
Just like it says i need a mani built damn it lol can anybody do it and for how much roughly?

I Love My J ♡

Re: somebody wanna build a m62 ld9 mani??
Monday, August 19, 2013 5:05 PM
I'll do it. Around 1000-1200

Someone decided they needed a sheet metal intake manifold for the 2200sfi engine an I built that.

Monday, August 19, 2013 5:07 PM
Got any pics man? And where you at

I Love My J ♡
Tuesday, August 20, 2013 4:17 PM
lol cody i was going to sell you mine for so cheap itd make peoples heads spin. but alas, im keeping it now.

RIP silver car. You will be missed.
Wednesday, August 21, 2013 4:54 PM
I know i shoulda saved my pennys i was broke as hell and saw a good deal on a m62 so i figured id fab the rest lol still aint had time and now i broke the shifter no lifting into 4th damn muscles :-)

I Love My J ♡
Thursday, August 22, 2013 2:00 PM
i would have to fab one up, have not done one yet, however I had never done a 2200 SFI one before and the guy uses it to this day and it runs great. I am in Michigan and it owuld take a month or two..

Thursday, August 22, 2013 2:24 PM
Oh i would bring you the car man but i gotta get some mainance done first shes in need including tires witch sucks lol but @!#$s gotta take priority so it will be a cupple months but your price aint bad id just like to see some pics of your craftsmanship

I Love My J ♡
Friday, August 23, 2013 7:27 AM
I don't mean to jump in and be a negative nancy BUT... that's a good price considering the labour that's going to be involved but no cooling for this thing was mentioned.

Are you trying to stuff any kind of cooling core in the way with that setup or is that a straight LD9 flange to runners to collector to custom Mxx charger flange?

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Friday, August 23, 2013 12:33 PM
I could do it either way, price would have been for just a manifold as he asked for.

The guy that had me do a 2200sfi intake mani brought me a cylinder head and it took me 3 months, however also made a custom fuel rail etc for it.

Friday, August 23, 2013 1:03 PM
An M62 mani is going to be nothing like a simple sheet metal mani for a turbo car or whatever. I hope you have access to some CNC mills to make the plate to properly mount the S/C.

No offense dude but I wouldnt send you a dime without seeing examples of your fab work.

Friday, August 23, 2013 1:33 PM
Thanks for the words of motivation Brian.. I have access to all of that.

Also I am aware of what would need to be done for this set up, and aware that you cannot bolt a blower on to a n/a manifold.. but thanks for the words of advice, if you have see the 2200 SFI intake manifold its not a "simple" sheet metal manifold and he is producing over 400whp. and does not post on here anymore.

This is why it is so challenging to be on here on a daily basis.. You want to help someone out and people jump in and add their 2 cents that arent part of the conversation, did I ask for 1200 up front? nope... would I have.... nope... Would have I asked for materials up front... maybe... none of this is your buisness if I am not making you anything. Brian, this seems to be the topic of dicsussion through our last 3 conversations... people like you make it hard to stay on here on a fairly even basis.. there are even videos on me making my product.. 40 sets of injector cups sold and not one complaint... intake manifolds, water tees etc...

Cody, I will no longer reply in this thread, if interested please pm me and we can chat. Thanks

Friday, August 23, 2013 2:00 PM
That's still a great price considering the labour that's going to be involved as well as mill work. Mill work time is $$$$$ from what I've found.

Jason, I hope you didn't find my comments to be disparaging at all, I was just wondering out loud if that price included a cooling core of some kind because for the price quoted that's a TON of work.

If you do get the chance to create this manifold I would be more than excited to see how you went about it as I wasn't overly thrilled with Vulcan Turbo's design when he made his.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Friday, August 23, 2013 3:22 PM
Chris,

Nope not at all. Had this issue with Brian before.

Friday, August 23, 2013 4:19 PM
Sorry i did not specify the cooling part so i will get into this chris and jason i will pm you :and cover details but i want the blower flange or box etc to be split so when boost comes in i want to have a exit tube coming out driver side then a in let tube that comes into same side but on other side of split witch will feed down runners into head etc the exit into piping that i will fab that will run down to a massive intercooler and back up to inlet and i will have the iat sensor located on return side close to mani i saw a set up like this before on a guys part out add and i want mine done that way as well i think its a great idea and really the only extra work will be welding a plate in to split the "box" the blower bolts to on mani and two little cupple inch pipes coming out side so if that effects price so be it im fine with that this car will be nasty when its done even if after build i gotta go to a tvs then i will happen whatever it takes to make this car run a 12.99 or faster with full interior and a blower/built ld9

I Love My J ♡
Friday, August 23, 2013 4:30 PM
jason norwood wrote:Chris,

Nope not at all. Had this issue with Brian before.

I haven't commented on anything you've posted in months. So chill out. But when I did it was when you were wrong. I never jump on anyone's posts unless there's a good reason.

Sorry if I'm coming off like a dick or something but I really have never seen any of your work. I've just seem too much @!#$ go south between here and HondaTech with people promising the moon and never producing or making a terrible product.

People like me? Please. Apparently I'm just causing problems here by trying to look out for fellow members so I'll move on. I've got better @!#$ to do.

Later.

Friday, August 23, 2013 5:02 PM
I can build anything so i can ashure you if jason builds my mani i will be involved in it highly i just dont have access to the right @!#$. As far as cnc equipment etc i do have a mig but the manifold will be the only thing i have built for my car so trudt me i wont get ripped off or @!#$ with a half ass product plus he is the only man here wjo has actuly gave me a price and hes not far from home so well he will get the chance when the time comes i tryed to give the chance to oem/ddf jeffie tech whatever they call them selfs and well im sure yall can guess after arguing i never got a price just told i should by a tvs

I Love My J ♡
Friday, August 23, 2013 5:16 PM
Honestly the hardest part of the manifold is going to be the plate to mount the s/c. I work with getting machined parts made at work every day and the cost for getting something like that made is way more than I could afford. It's nice to have knowledge to program and operate a cnc mill.

I'm not trying to knock on Jason (as much as he thinks I am), and I'd love to see this made because I haven't seen one in awhile.

Friday, August 23, 2013 5:32 PM
Yeah it kinda pisses me off in a way that not alot of people have passion for these cars mine reminds of my 99 z28 soo much the way the dash is designed same steering wheel drives alot like it other than the huge power difference lol these are very good looking cars and it handles really good to i was expecting way worse but im actuly impressed with my car all the way around and even tho its only rated at 150hp its very light and gets rubber into 3rd car moves pirty good for what it is my 87 iroc wasnt hardly faster than this car and really alls that flange needs to be is a big square hole with the bolt pattern i want my bypass hooked to inlet pipe on return side no need for it to rute threw intercooler lol

I Love My J ♡
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search