Will A ZZP Ecotec Turbo Manifold Fit a 2003 Cavalier - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Will A ZZP Ecotec Turbo Manifold Fit a 2003 Cavalier
Tuesday, July 10, 2012 12:20 AM
Hey I was just wondering if anyone has tried fitting the ZZP Ecotec Turbo Manifold to a 2.2L Ecotec in a Cavalier or Sunfire , here is the link to the Manifold I am talking about

http://shop.zzperformance.com/store/p/406-Ecotec-Stainless-Turbo-Manifold.aspx
http://www.turbotechracing.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=5341&idcategory=

I know it will bolt up to a 2.2L Ecotec I am just trying to figure out if I will have enough room for a 57 Trim T3/T4 Turbo , I was thinking of getting the Turbo Tech Ecotec T3 Manifold
but it does not come with a external Wastegate so Thats why I am thinking of getting the ZZP Turbo Manifold and also I looked at a picture of each and they look to be almost the
exact same , but the only difference is the ZZP Has a external Wastegate Flange and also the T3 Flange were the turbo bolts up seems to be at the same angle on both
anyways here's a picture of both of them , let me know what you think .

ZZP Ecotec Turbo Manifold

Turbo Tech Racing T3 Manifold

Anyways what do you guys think ?? Do you think i will be ok and it should fit , anyways give me your input thanks

Re: Will A ZZP Ecotec Turbo Manifold Fit a 2003 Cavalier
Tuesday, July 10, 2012 5:03 AM
I cant see why it wouldnt fit. Cobalts have less room then we do behind the motor.
Tuesday, July 10, 2012 6:11 AM
Get ours... Higher qaulity.

Notice our manifold is stress relieved on the main flange, and then we surface it 100% flat after cut... ZZP does not offer this, and you are asking for a cracked manifold long term with theirs.

Ours is 100% quality with max durability.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Tuesday, July 10, 2012 7:59 AM
Agreed with Aaron from Turbo Tech.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, July 10, 2012 8:17 AM
Yah but like I said , yours does not come with a external wastegate flange , or I would be buying yours , And I dont know of anyone that can weld one on for me
Tuesday, July 10, 2012 9:34 AM
Turbo Tech Racing wrote:Get ours... Higher qaulity.

Notice our manifold is stress relieved on the main flange, and then we surface it 100% flat after cut... ZZP does not offer this, and you are asking for a cracked manifold long term with theirs.

then why wasnt your piping prepped before welding zzp looks to be cleaned and prepped im not taking sides or anything as i have bought part from both companies and both offer great stuff

RIP Cpl Derek Kerns And Cpl Robby Reyes
24th MEU VMM-261 (REIN) V22 Crewchiefs
11 April 2012 Morocco (African Lion)
Tuesday, July 10, 2012 10:21 AM
MillerBilt Racing wrote:
Turbo Tech Racing wrote:Get ours... Higher qaulity.

then why wasnt your piping prepped before welding zzp looks to be cleaned and prepped im not taking sides or anything as i have bought part from both companies and both offer great stuff

Their welds are FAR from presice and smooth... Not sure what TIG product of ours you have looked at, but I doubt you have in person, or I dont think you would have that comment.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 10:24 AM
Josh Brewer wrote:Yah but like I said , yours does not come with a external wastegate flange , or I would be buying yours , And I dont know of anyone that can weld one on for me

That is becuase there are so many placements and options you as the customer have, for your setup, how would we ever get it right? Adding that flange is a piece of cake for any welder. You have to build a custom downpipe anyways, you can weld on exactly where you want the external dump at that time....

I cannot see getting a manifold that does not have a stress relief main flange, just becuase it has an external tube...

What is easier to add:

1. Weld on a tube
2. Cut the flange and face it 100% flat

1. will cost you about $10 locally
2. will cost you about $100 locally

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, July 10, 2012 10:26 AM

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 2:38 PM
well if i pay a extra 10 dollars can you get your welder to weld on a 38mm v band flange in the same spot as the zzp flange is located , if so then I would be more then willing to purchase the manifold from you
Tuesday, July 10, 2012 2:41 PM
This got interesting
Tuesday, July 10, 2012 3:04 PM
Josh Brewer wrote:well if i pay a extra 10 dollars can you get your welder to weld on a 38mm v band flange in the same spot as the zzp flange is located , if so then I would be more then willing to purchase the manifold from you

Sure, send us the flange and the tube, and we will weld it on for $10...

We will add it as close as we can to what ZZP has, but it is what it is, and if you have troubles with items not fitting in the location you would like, please don't blame us...

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Thursday, September 19, 2013 1:27 PM
Can i do the same ?

2002.5 Cavalier Sedan with Ecotec
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search