Boosting a ln2 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Boosting a ln2
Monday, December 23, 2013 9:26 PM
I'm probly going to boost my ln2 cavy and needing to know if I need to upgrade fuel pump and injectors and what brand I need to do research on .... It's going on my stock motor with no mods done hopefully I can push 8 psi safely......

[carphotos.cardomain.com/images/0016/22/90/16022209_large.jpg]

Re: Boosting a ln2
Tuesday, December 24, 2013 5:53 AM
8psi is relative when it comes to whats required to run it through a motor.

easiest thing to do would be to run a racetronix pump and harness and then get some used stock LSJ injectors or something close. That should be enough. The aeromotive 11142 stealth 340 pump is a little more powerful than the racetronix and works as well (thats what im running)

I was able to get 5psi out of the stock pump and and a set of 26lb injectors. It was fun, but not nearly enough fun. stock motor will handle probably 275whp if its tuned right and the motor has been maintained properly throughout its life.

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Tuesday, December 24, 2013 7:48 AM
Ok thanks for the info I'll do some searching hopefully by feb I'll have it on will post pics of build and dyno results

[carphotos.cardomain.com/images/0016/22/90/16022209_large.jpg]
Wednesday, December 25, 2013 7:33 AM
What year year is the car?

FU Tuning

Wednesday, December 25, 2013 8:16 AM
^^

I believe he says he has a 2000. I recommended for his power goals to just eco swap and supercharge it. That will be half of his $5000 budget and be easier overall.
Thursday, December 26, 2013 3:56 AM
If he has a 2k+ car tuning will be easier via ld9 blower reflash and hp tuners. If your looking for 250whp roughly I would just turbo the ln2. The only major work id look into is a ported head. I know that is a bottle neck for flow and is what is holding us back on our build. There is alot of ibfo out there to aid you on your choice. Our build thread is called tiny update for our turbo ln2 car.

Thursday, December 26, 2013 7:30 AM
JUCNBST wrote:If he has a 2k+ car tuning will be easier via ld9 blower reflash and hp tuners. If your looking for 250whp roughly I would just turbo the ln2. The only major work id look into is a ported head. I know that is a bottle neck for flow and is what is holding us back on our build. There is alot of ibfo out there to aid you on your choice. Our build thread is called tiny update for our turbo ln2 car.

I think it depends on his ability or availability of fabrication. Eco and supercharger is defiantly a more "bolt in" solution. But if he has the resources a turbo ln2 would work just fine.
Sunday, December 29, 2013 4:02 PM
if he buys a hahn kit I'd just keep the ln2 and run a blower reflash for tuning. Otherwise the swap and mp62 would be fun too.

Sunday, December 29, 2013 4:17 PM
Agreed.

The Hahn kit is a very bolt on friendly solution.
Monday, December 30, 2013 5:17 AM
Philly D wrote:^^

I believe he says he has a 2000. I recommended for his power goals to just eco swap and supercharge it. That will be half of his $5000 budget and be easier overall.

Never seen either of those mentioned.

I saw a 8psi goal, but that does not mean much.

FU Tuning

Monday, December 30, 2013 6:12 AM

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search