turbo help - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
turbo help
Monday, March 24, 2014 4:34 PM
So I am planning on turboing my 2.2 eco I know the base of what i need just looking for a little help and a list so I can double check. Any links would help so I could read. And what all would I need to do? Thanks

Re: turbo help
Monday, March 24, 2014 5:16 PM
Buy this... its LITERALLY.... EVERY THING YOU NEED! Every piece is there and its a hell of a price and a steal!!!
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=111269&t=111269

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, March 25, 2014 6:08 AM

Monday, March 24, 2014 5:34 PM
I've got a Hahn stage 2 kit for sale with tons extra. Even has exhaust and drilled and tapped pan. Comes with instruction manual as well! Lmk it's at $2000 obo.

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 3:10 AM
^That is a GREAT kit. I honestly considered ditching my supercharger for this setup.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, March 26, 2014 2:58 PM
ok what tune should i run i was thinkg hpt cause i can find that. what is the reflash what does that do. how does that work? sorry for the noob question just trying to find out what build i really wanna do i am also running a auto if that helps any i have read in to the turbo and the s/c kit both and i have found people for both and the kits on here are not the expensive too so yeah just looking for help i have also thought about doing n20
Wednesday, March 26, 2014 6:58 PM
Well, HPT isn't a "tune" itself, but software to write and flash the tune...it's not something you can just plug in and go. I would suggest finding someone local with HPT who is experienced with tuning, and pay them to do it for you. Tuning isn't something you just sit down and hammer out your first time.

The reflash is a preprogrammed tune that can be flashed onto the PCM. It was designed for the GM supercharger kits, but can be used on a smaller turbo that is in the same range. Note that it is NOT editable or adjustable, so you can't compensate for any changes, upgrades, etc down the road. With the reflash you get what you get. Someone with HPT can fully customize the tune to meet you specific setup.

Thursday, March 27, 2014 5:09 AM
ok and i know the hpt is not the tuner is self and it has to be tuned and thank you for the relash i may do that with the s/c if i do, do that will i need the one ore two bar sensor everyone talke about i don't know what it is called sorry again i am just confused to this is the first time i have thought s/c or turbo i mean i have done cams in older stuff but then agina those didnt really need a tune hahaa
Friday, March 28, 2014 11:27 PM
If you go with the gm reflash you'll need the 2.5bar TMAP sensor that was used on the gmpp s/c kits and cobalts. Look up my Ultimate M62 Guide in the boost forum, should be a part number there.

If you go with HPT, you can use either the TMAP or a stock 1 bar map, doesn't matter as it will not read boost, fueling will be determined by rpm vs tps (though I believe the 1 bar is preferred, I think the tmap loses resolution in the tables this way)

If you would go the route of swapping in an 00-02 ld9 pcm and harness and use hpt with that, then you need a 2 bar map and the setup will read boost, as its a speed density system.

Monday, March 31, 2014 11:59 AM
CHeck your PM

Monday, April 14, 2014 7:04 PM
Whatever you do, please go speed density. You really need the map sensor to tune a turbo correctly

2.2 L Ecotec, P&P Head, Stage 3 Comp Cams, Supertech 76 lb Spring kit, Supertech Oversized Valves, Wiseco 8.9:1 CR Pistons, Eagle H-Beam Rods, Home-Built Turbo Kit T3/T4 57 Trim Intercooled, 78 lb/hr Racetronix Hi-Z injectors, Aeromotive FPR, Racetronix f body fuel pump,MEGASQUIRT MS3 + MS3X Finally street tuned on 21 lbs! Now if only I could get it to hook....
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search