Begi junk - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Begi junk
Friday, July 25, 2014 4:23 PM
So I'm sick of this crappy fmu that hahn gave me. Even after it was rebuilt by begi it's still having problems. I've emailed both companies and neither seem to stand behind the product. So as of right now idling at 70psi of fuel pressure is too much. Gotta save up a little more before I switch out to Vortech stuff. Main question here is can I add an adjustable fuel pressure regulator between my rail and the fmu? I wanna do this to get the idle back down to 35psi and still let the fmu up it from there. Will this work? Or will the afpr keep the car at 35psi at all times? Thanks

Re: Begi junk
Sunday, July 27, 2014 6:20 AM
Stock fuel pressure at idle is 58 ish psi.
Wednesday, July 30, 2014 9:54 AM
Make sure you have the vacuum / boost ref hose on the correct barb. Dont put the one way check valve on the adjustable barb. I used a small orifice restricer on the reference side. I now have 43 base and 78-80 max at 11 psi boost. You may have the base adjustment way to tight and once you bottom it out, you need to replace the steel shims. They become dented and it wont work worth a @!#$. Those shims are sandwiched between the two halves of the FMU.

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 11:50 AM
aeromotive fuel pressure regulator for sale, bolts right to the rail.... pm if interested.... send the begi back and ask for a refund, that's what I did.

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 1:38 PM
I have it hooked up exactly how it's supposed to be. No check valve, and I am using the restrictor it came with. When I got the regulator back from being rebuilt the center Allen screw was turned out about a half inch. I haven't turned it in at all since. Only out. Now it's backed all the way out and it's still idling at 65-70 psi. Monday it was at 35psi when I started the car. Tuesday it was at 45psi, today it's up at 60. It's never the same every day. I just keep adjusting the needle valve so it's not lean or pushing too much fuel. I have to do this twice a day depending on how much I drive the car
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search