saab turbo w/reflash - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
saab turbo w/reflash
Thursday, August 14, 2014 4:53 PM
I have a problem with it running rich being hard on gas and at full boost it flutters under wot my setup is 2003 cavalier with high pressure turbo gmpp reflash 02 fuel rail with 06 ss injectors tmap no codes any suggestions

Re: saab turbo w/reflash
Thursday, August 14, 2014 5:50 PM
I am not sure of what i am saying, but is it the gm supercharger reflash? If it is it may be a good start as a tune for a turbo charger but may not be fine tuned for this specific turbo. What is your AFR values?

However i don't know how different is the 02 fuel rail compared to the stock 03-05 one. It may be a fuel system problem. What is your fuel pressure? is stable or do you have any device that increase fuel delivery when boost go up?

Any other expert on here can help?
Thursday, August 14, 2014 6:47 PM
The GM reflash is utter junk and barely works for it's intended application. Get yourself a proper tune with some 42lb injectors and an AFPR.

My supercharged L61 ran a million times better once i ditched the POS reflash for a custom tune.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, August 14, 2014 6:48 PM

Saturday, August 16, 2014 10:40 AM
well nobody around me knows how to tune cavalier or tune at all what the max boost levels with reflash it finally quit using some much fuel i heard srt 4 plugs are good to run ngk i belive
Saturday, August 16, 2014 11:03 AM
SRT4's are too short. NGK LTR6IX-11 are the proper length, but have to be re-gapped. LTR6IX-11s are one step colder and LTR7IX-11s are 2 steps colder.

Learn to tune yourself. It is a very good possibility that all your issues are because of the reflash.

Saturday, August 16, 2014 12:21 PM
Well like too but 500 dollars for hp tunners is still steep at the moment thank for plugs infowould you no what they need gap at
Saturday, August 16, 2014 12:59 PM
Mine are gapped down to ~32-35.

Sunday, August 17, 2014 3:58 PM
Ok gonna buyget plug tomorrow but I notice when it starts cutting out and fluttering I keep pedal held down then engine light flash and quits when let off that usually means misfire
Tuesday, August 19, 2014 2:50 PM
Well fixed the problem new plugs didnt do it I fixed a bad spark plug boot took care my problem don't even run the rich now either thing pulls like a champ all way to red line now need get a time slip from track and. Maybe check a dyno day see where im at
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search