cooler m45 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
cooler m45
Monday, April 20, 2015 2:18 AM
Ok I hear a lot of peeps running a meth injection for their m45 super charger. My question is why hasn't anyone done a a small radiatior to a little 20 psi electric water pump and wrap copper coils around lower charger and around manifold inlet tubes to prevent heat soak. Also at 100 with 2.t pulley what boost would m45 produce give or take.

Re: cooler m45
Monday, April 20, 2015 2:19 AM
2.5 pulley
Monday, April 20, 2015 3:31 AM
Robert Reynolds wrote:Ok I hear a lot of peeps running a meth injection for their m45 super charger. My question is why hasn't anyone done a a small radiator to a little 20 psi electric water pump and wrap copper coils around lower charger and around manifold inlet tubes to prevent heat soak. Also at 100 with 2.t pulley what boost would m45 produce give or take.

Your heat transfer would be terrible. You would never pull enough heat away, and the cooling would need to be in the air path between the head, and the rotors.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, April 20, 2015 9:39 PM
Even if I custom wrapped with lots of heat sink and adjusting pump I think I could but I'm noob o that.
Tuesday, April 21, 2015 9:14 AM
MD is correct. To do it correctly on our M45 setup you would need to open the charger and install cores designed for cooling.

I run meth/water, lots of it. Works very well. I have seen a poorly done heat exchanger set up on a M45 and it didn't compare to my results with meth.

I'm seeing 11-12 psi on a 2.5 pulley and over driving crank pulley on a ported blower.

FU Tuning

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search