Secret with HO - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Secret with HO
Tuesday, May 26, 2015 8:29 PM
Has anyone run a secret intake cam with a HO exhaust on a m45 ld9? I sure it will run but with all the overlap the HO has I wonder if there would be gains over just a full secret cam setup. Also anyone know how the stock torque converter would like it? My car is an auto and I'm really concerned about driveability.

Re: Secret with HO
Wednesday, May 27, 2015 1:16 PM
If you do no tuning you will have some issues. It should run, but not sure how well it will run without a tune. You could also, retard the exhaust cam a tooth if your really worried about it, but I would install them like normal. I would just use the entire LG0 exhaust cam, springs, lifters, and cam.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, May 27, 2015 5:48 PM
Oh there will be tuning lol This is part of a whole engine build, also I will be using the whole HO exhaust setup. I know the cams wont clear the ld9 towers and springs will bind. Actually I'm glad you replied I have to order some stuff from you lol
Wednesday, May 27, 2015 5:53 PM
One question, I'm sure with the HO cam being much bigger it should make more power then secret but does anyone have any dyno results proving running just the exhaust is worth it on a SC engine?
Thursday, May 28, 2015 6:26 AM
I do not think anyone has dyno numbers. I can remember a few people running this setup before, back in the day, but not sure if anyone dyno'ed them without all the other parts done as well.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, May 28, 2015 3:34 PM
Well I guess I'll try it, I don't see anyway it can hinder me running the HO vs. a full secret setup.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search