Spark advance table for boosted L61 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Spark advance table for boosted L61
Sunday, May 01, 2016 2:53 PM
I have recently turbo'ed my L61. I am using a standalone ECU. I was hoping someone that has turbo charged their L61 could share with me their spark advance tables, and for what octane.
My ECU does not have provisions to read the stock knock sensor, so I don't have any feedback on knock count. I had a running setup for NA, it was not optimal but it ran. I have no data for the positive pressure section on my map.

Any help is appreciated.

Re: Spark advance table for boosted L61
Monday, May 02, 2016 3:56 AM
Since your running the stock map take out like 8 degree's of timing to start, but with no knock sensor reading your playing with fire.

Also why do you not have any data for in boost?

FU Tuning

Monday, May 02, 2016 9:55 PM
I do not have the stock map.

I have values in for boost but they aren't reasonable, they are super low to keep from blowing things up. It wasn't boosted to start, so my original tables only went to 100 kpa.
Tuesday, May 03, 2016 3:41 AM
Matt wrote:I do not have the stock map.

I have values in for boost but they aren't reasonable, they are super low to keep from blowing things up. It wasn't boosted to start, so my original tables only went to 100 kpa.

Ok then add to it build them.

FU Tuning

Monday, June 27, 2016 3:22 PM
I've build a Garrett T25G turbo on my stock 2001 2.2 L61 (470cc injectors, 2.5Bar TMAP, Saab intake).
Here's a basemap I'm still finetuning. No knock was meassured during powerruns at 12psi.
To keep it same maybe retard the timing 1-2 degrees in the boost section.

Friday, July 08, 2016 11:39 PM
I have a boosted L61 with a Borg Warner 252. Engine compression has been lowered to 8.9/1, and is running comp cams (turbo grind). The electronic boost controller is set to 17 psi, and the car is running on 91 octane. Been driving the car like that for 3 years with zero issues.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-07-08 at 11.33.21 PM.png (564k)

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search