PIced it all up for 500CAN...am i missing anything? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
PIced it all up for 500CAN...am i missing anything?
Sunday, May 01, 2016 3:52 PM
so hoping to have it charged in 2 months. i THINK all i am missing is the Heat exchanger and TB adapter and a tune of course. Am i right? what am i missing? Also the T-MAP sensor in the pic is it the correct one or do i need to still get a 2.5bar one. (that is the one that came with the S/C)
SO BELOW is all the parts i got for 500CAN wich i think is a steal:
-Supercharger
-manifold
-cobalt ss injectors
-fuel rail n wires
-serp belt
-tensioner bracket
-alternator bracket
-alternator
-idler pulley
-H/E Coolant resiviour
-H/E pump and bracket
-rad coolant tank
-brake booster hose
-all bolts for above items
-upper rad hose

Also im draining the oil out of the S/C and maybe roughly 1/4 of a cup only dame out? how much do these things take? that seems a bit low to me....

Re: PIced it all up for 500CAN...am i missing anything?
Monday, May 02, 2016 3:55 AM
As for the Map sensor as long as it fits the connector so you have IAT and map in one sensor you should be good.

SC oil. Google but I think it is like 8 ounces is all they hold.

FU Tuning

Monday, May 02, 2016 7:13 AM
iirc zzp and others says 6 oz but eaton says 3.5oz, as do the other members that drain the oil and find about 3.5 oz.
http://zzperformance.com/ecotec/superchargers-eaton-parts/gm-supercharger-oil.html

You will need the bolts, tmap pigtail if you dont have it, tb adapter, lsj intake gasket, lsj belt.

Go through this thread step by step and itll help you find what you need or dont.
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=40&i=183438&t=183438
Monday, May 02, 2016 6:58 PM
thanks a bunch guys. i got the LSJ belt that came off the cobalt ss BUT i was told to get the stage 2 GM belt since its better and solves slack issues???

Also about the intake gasket...how the hell and where do i cut it as stated in the install instructions...the thing is like sheet metal how do they expect me to cut it without bending it???
Monday, May 02, 2016 7:53 PM
also anyone know what these r called or where i can get one to fill that sensor hole? local shops and hardware stores donno what the @!#$ it is n look at me like im crazy

Tuesday, May 03, 2016 3:43 AM
Scypheroth wrote:also anyone know what these r called or where i can get one to fill that sensor hole? local shops and hardware stores donno what the @!#$ it is n look at me like im crazy

dont know what that is, but what hole are you trying to plug?

FU Tuning

Tuesday, May 03, 2016 7:51 AM
the hole for the sensor ontop of the S/C that we dont use, just for a cleaner look...if i cant find anything ill just leave the sensor in there i guess...

is the GM stage 2 belt worth getting also?
Tuesday, May 03, 2016 12:41 PM
The stage 2 belt is just shorter. If you plan on running the stock pulley for a while then don't worry about it.

Tuesday, May 03, 2016 4:58 PM
Scypheroth wrote:the hole for the sensor ontop of the S/C that we dont use, just for a cleaner look...if i cant find anything ill just leave the sensor in there i guess...

is the GM stage 2 belt worth getting also?

You can tap the hole for a bolt for a cleaner look.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, May 03, 2016 8:41 PM
Tap the hole and use a nice allen plug. Only downside is the blower will no longer be useable for cobalts.
Tuesday, May 03, 2016 8:55 PM
GREAT thanks guys! ONE LAST QUESTION PROMISE!

The hole that needs to be cut in the intake gasket as outlined in the install instructions...how exactly am i suppose to guy metal? also anyone have a copy of the pattern or where im suppose to cut?

Saturday, May 07, 2016 10:01 PM
anyone?
Tuesday, May 10, 2016 7:21 PM
Scypheroth wrote:GREAT thanks guys! ONE LAST QUESTION PROMISE!

The hole that needs to be cut in the intake gasket as outlined in the install instructions...how exactly am i suppose to guy metal? also anyone have a copy of the pattern or where im suppose to cut?

tin snips

this is the start of my signature: have you read the RULES yet?
my carDomain updated 6/11/10 Forged and Supercharged

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search