Oil Problem! Help Please - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Oil Problem! Help Please
Monday, February 14, 2005 12:22 PM
Okay when I start my car it starts smoking through the exhaust. It's burning oil. But is the turbo that is burning the oil. It's not in the cylinder. Any help?

- JTR

Re: Oil Problem! Help Please
Monday, February 14, 2005 1:07 PM
do you have an oil feed line restrictor or no?? that could def be a possibility... or just might be bad seals in the turbo..

Memeber since 4/2002
Premium since 1/2005
Garret T3 Turbo Charger for sale.. $60 + Shipping... e-mail for more info
2000-02 Drift body kit for sale....$300 + Shipping... e-mail for more info
Monday, February 14, 2005 3:48 PM
LERecords wrote:do you have an oil feed line restrictor or no?? that could def be a possibility... or just might be bad seals in the turbo..

no restrictor, I didnt know I needed one? where can I get it???

- JTR
Monday, February 14, 2005 4:07 PM
Monday, February 14, 2005 4:09 PM
also if u put a gauge in u can always tell what pressure is going to the turbo. you need to turn it down to i think around 35-40 psi. i think your engine is pushing around 75 psi put im not 100% sure on that
Monday, February 14, 2005 4:17 PM
By the looks of your oil return it looks a lil small should be a 3/8 inside diameter and have it go straight down to the tube dont' have extra hose curving causes build up and causes blow by. That would be the first thing I would check.
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 2:06 PM
Okay I fixed the oil problem. I put a regulator and guage on the feed line, I guess it was just too much pressure. Thanks.

- JTR
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 2:18 PM
I would also look into your return cause that might of been the problem, the oil getting built up in the return line pushing it back up. Probably wasn't getting too much pressure just the return line is restricting.
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 2:58 PM
Colin Gee wrote:I would also look into your return cause that might of been the problem, the oil getting built up in the return line pushing it back up. Probably wasn't getting too much pressure just the return line is restricting.

I had already changed it out to a bigger line. thanks

- JTR
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search