Intake Manifold?? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Intake Manifold??
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 8:21 PM
Hey guys,

We were working on installing my turbo today, and got everything in. After we started up the car, we had an oil leak. So, I've now got to go back and remove the intake manifold. Well, all of the bolts are off, but what's wrong with this damn thing? It wiggles around, but I just can't seem to pull it loose and off of the rods that it's hanging on (for a '99 2200). Is there any special way of getting it off that I'm not aware of? I've tried pulling in EVERY direction and in EVERY motion.

ANY help would be *MUCH* appreciated guys. Thanks a lot.

MaximumBoost.net
1-888-TURBO-31
sales@maximumboost.net

TAX ID: 45-8013458577-3

Re: Intake Manifold??
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 10:27 PM
Well i guess u just gotta wiggle more. It came off flush from the head right? Then ur doign it right just not wiggling enough i guess. I remember mine was pretty hard to squeez out, but mine is a 2.2.

Check Out My Domain Page!!!
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 2:32 AM
mine had a harness ran through the intake and i had to cut the tape and wire loom and bring it though than it came off.
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 8:10 AM
you have to remove the stud closest to the power steering pump other wise it doesn't clear, I just found this out while doing a enigne swap last weekend

and as far as cuting a taping wires, why?? just crawl under the car and unplug all of the sensors that are hooked to the wiring harness that runs through the intake, only like 8 or 9 connections.

'99 2200 LS CX1 Sport
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search