Updated pics on my turbo project -pics- - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Updated pics on my turbo project -pics-
Sunday, April 10, 2005 4:07 PM
Ive been on the .org for a about a year and been reading forums and post for my project and tryed to answer and help as many as i could...ive researched doing this for as long as ive been posting on .org..(little over 6 months)

Well all my money being saved up and buying part by part on ebay or summit or where ever else ive ordered from and the planning in my apartment bedroom and in my head payed off finally....after all was said and done the turbo project..hehe is ALMOST completed!!! anyways im still missing my Acell AFPR and my GMSC injectors...

Here are some pics of what ive done..could only post 3 tho =( not enough room...anyways..im not intercooled yet and plan on staying at 6 PSI untill i do...eventually..tell me what you guys think...........<i know there crappy pictures>

I plan on painting the pipes maybe too clean them up a tad..and putting a slightly smaller filter on there with a heat shield around it (i have filter and shield..just need 90 degree elbow)..current one rubbs against the head.

*hope the pictures work*

Re: Updated pics on my turbo project -pics-
Sunday, April 10, 2005 4:42 PM
is that tinfoil around your oil lines??? well.. i guess that would work, but looks funny man.. how about an oil kit off e-bay with some stainless lines... anyways.. well looking good, i know how much it sucks to save up to get everything, but looks like its paying off doing it that way.. good luck man

Memeber since 4/2002
Premium since 1/2005
Garret t3 turbo charger for sale.. $75 plus shipping
jeep wrangler hard top for sale.. 97-up.. rear defroster and smoked glass..
$900 or best offer.. e-mail for more info
Sunday, April 10, 2005 5:06 PM
No not tin foil hehe...thats heat wrap...but it does look like it =p and its around my heater hose's and fuel lines coming from my cartech ....my oil line is braided as you can see....

Heres the rest of my pics from my car-domain...

car-domain
Sunday, April 10, 2005 7:17 PM
nice man, i'm almost done with my turbo ecotec , i am intercooled and i will post some pics once i'm done. man it has been a lot of work (everything custom, also using saab manifold) can't wait.

Sunday, April 10, 2005 7:33 PM
kewl looking forward to see-ing it! wanna get some ideas on running intercooling piping...was thinking about using a smaller one (dsm or saab) intercooler mounting it above the valve cover and using a ram air hood to air to air cool it...just a thought so far...
Sunday, April 10, 2005 7:52 PM
cool, i am using a rx-7 intercooler, front mounting it. pics up this weekend probably

Monday, April 11, 2005 8:52 AM
That's a very tight fit. I can't wait for my turbo to finish. I have also decided to completely rebuild the engine this summer. It's going to get real interesting.
Monday, April 11, 2005 9:06 AM
lookin nice dude!

Monday, April 11, 2005 9:21 AM
Looks cool. I thought about doing a low boost setup. Have you thought about running the piping differently? I mean like over the valve cover?

If the pipe wont fit over the valve cover and will hit the hood, squish the pipe. Instead of having it round, make it oval. Shorter run of pipe. Not as many transitions, or couplers either. Powder coat it, fab a bracket that attaches to a valve cover bolt and voila!

Hmm.......

*off to ebay he goes*

2006 Cobalt SS I/H/E ZZP S2 HPT 2.8/60's Etc...13.8@105(I need to learn how to launch)
Monday, April 11, 2005 3:42 PM
My bro wanted to run the pipes directly over the valve cover but yeah...hood issues was a concern at the time and i didnt have the resources to re-weld and fit the BOV somewhere in there...it was already planned out to run around the engine as you see it...I took alot of design ideas from the Haas kit...actually "Twstedsystm's" pictures helped me out alot for planning and what to expect! i refer to them still ...when i think about routing my intercooler. I will be painting the pipes soon...gonna put high temp grey for a primer tpye base coat..then use my factory blue arrival mettalic i have for top coat and hope it holds from the heat....

When i get my injectors in the mail (soon) and my AFPR ill install them set the PSI to around 6 maybe 6.5 and use a firends wideband to tune it up to see where i stand.
Tuesday, April 12, 2005 9:27 AM
maybe you should also look into getting some motor mounts wouldnt want any engine movement and have ur turbo and piping get messed up.

MY 2003 SUNFIRE

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search