how long??????? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
how long???????
Thursday, April 14, 2005 4:18 PM
how long should it take for somebody to hook up a cavalier connection turbo kit???

Re: how long???????
Thursday, April 14, 2005 4:34 PM
Depends on your skill, plan on setting a weekend aside for it.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Thursday, April 14, 2005 4:38 PM
no i am geting a shop to do it for me they want to know what the estimate time on a cavalier connection kit. so they can give me a price on how much the install will be.
Thursday, April 14, 2005 4:41 PM
Depends if the shop has done a kit before, probably 8-10 hours for a moderately skilled shop.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Thursday, April 14, 2005 11:31 PM
well your not gonna like my answer but in my opinion i say do it yourself yolull learn alot about the car just do alot of reading and if something goes wrong with the car youll know exactly wht is goin on im old skool i dont let any body work on my car i have learned so much from working on cars and the pride you feel after accomplishing something like this is over whelming and gives you alot of bragging rights when someone asks who did it and you spout off with" i did; took me about a weekend" but thats just my 2 cents

"dude, thats a girls car"
PSHHHTTT NOT ANY MORE!!!!!!!
Friday, April 15, 2005 7:57 AM
no man thanks thats very true I would but i have no clue how to tap my oil line. and i can get to most or any tool that i would need..
Friday, April 15, 2005 8:36 AM
I'll offer you a chance to get in some learning experience. Go to Border's / Barnes and Noble (any good book store etc) and pick up a copy of Maximum Boost by Corky Bell. It's everything you would ever need to know about turbo systems and setups and a great install guide. It'll also offer you plenty of troubleshooting. Read that and then install the kit yourself. It'll save you 8 to 10 hours at a shop's $60 - 85 per hour labor rate.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Friday, April 15, 2005 12:04 PM
tappiing oil lines is eaassssyyyyyy just use common sense aproach my auto shop teacher use to tell me to use the K.I.S.S. method when working on cars he used to yell at me all the time when i was having trouble "just keep it simple stupid" he would yell i would step back take a breath and try and figure it out it really is easy and if your gonna have something such as a turbo on your car your definiately gonna want the tools to work on it when something goes wrong and trust me something ALWAYS goes wrong be it 90000 miles or 60'

"dude, thats a girls car"
PSHHHTTT NOT ANY MORE!!!!!!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search