AEM universal ems - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
AEM universal ems
Friday, April 07, 2006 2:53 PM
Hi,

has anyone tried using AEM universal EMS and harness on their boosted sunfire/cavalier.

Re: AEM universal ems
Sunday, April 09, 2006 12:41 PM
if only i had 1200 bucks

*2012 mazdaspeed3*
Sunday, April 09, 2006 7:30 PM
If you have a Ecotec motor, you will need to get a MSD set up and a distributor cause EMS needs cam position sensor or a distributor to get the signal from.
MSD will cost you a lot and it is a DIS 7 like $800 unit and then plus the distributor.

Also, another way you can do it but it requires you getting a head off a LSJ motor, like a cobalt SS or a Redline.
You can do a LSJ head swap and use the cam position sensor that LSJ has on the exhaust cam but that requires using a LSJ valve cover. Now if you use their valve cover you have to use their independent coil on ignition and then you have to get a DIS 4 HO to run it which is a little less like $400-500.

All in all that is about it, you can go easier and way and get a Haltec E8 for $1750 cause EMS will run you about that the race/universal one.

I am personally going with my local people set up a complete fuel management with a 3 Bar MAP, and later upgrading to a ignition part cause you can get them independently.
Their web site is Fuelinjectionpro.com.
$550 for the fuel part.

Best time:"""11.946""" @ 114.73 mph @17psi 1.83--60"
11 second daily driver!!!!
Race Related 727-561-9440
Shop of choice for your 11 second J body!

Also, built bottom end and or top end LSJ and L61's available.
13's ----12's ----11's ----10's

Sunday, April 09, 2006 10:37 PM
SunCavi_L61T3/T04E wrote:If you have a Ecotec motor, you will need to get a MSD set up and a distributor cause EMS needs cam position sensor or a distributor to get the signal from.
MSD will cost you a lot and it is a DIS 7 like $800 unit and then plus the distributor.

Also, another way you can do it but it requires you getting a head off a LSJ motor, like a cobalt SS or a Redline.
You can do a LSJ head swap and use the cam position sensor that LSJ has on the exhaust cam but that requires using a LSJ valve cover. Now if you use their valve cover you have to use their independent coil on ignition and then you have to get a DIS 4 HO to run it which is a little less like $400-500.

All in all that is about it, you can go easier and way and get a Haltec E8 for $1750 cause EMS will run you about that the race/universal one.

I am personally going with my local people set up a complete fuel management with a 3 Bar MAP, and later upgrading to a ignition part cause you can get them independently.
Their web site is Fuelinjectionpro.com.
$550 for the fuel part.

Ummm there is no DIS 7. It's called the Digital 7 system and you don't have to run that to run the AEM standalone. You could easily run the DIS 2 system (about 400 for top of the line) and use the cam sync as your reference to the AEM. Not hard at all and doesn't require a distributor. Don't know who told you you had to have a distributor for the AEM system but they were wrong.

I'm hoping to pick up the universal EMS sometime this year and hopefully have it in the car when I build the motor. I'll be running it with the DIS2 combo I talked about or GSXR Indie coilpacks.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search