14psi on stock 2.2L? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
14psi on stock 2.2L?
Thursday, January 29, 2009 10:43 AM
so what would happen if i upped the boost on my 2.2L sunfire from 8psi to 14 psi? what would go boom first? and what would i need to replace? my goal for my car is 350 hp at the wheels. im lovin my car now, but i got this dude who has a 2008 mustang GT:CS and he thinks he can beat me on a 1/8th track. he wants to bet $200. i have the hahn racecraft stage 2 turbo kit also...
thanks
mike

Re: 14psi on stock 2.2L?
Thursday, January 29, 2009 11:01 AM
You will blow up a multitude of parts.....most likely piston or rod related.

Of course Ryan was pushing upwards of 20psi for a short while before his gave out.

All depends on your setup really.....can you supply enough fuel at that level? Can your tune compensate for that much boost?

etc....lots of variables.

Thursday, January 29, 2009 5:01 PM
hmm i got HP Tuners, also how much more boost would i need for 50 hp? but i doubt its as easy as saying "3 more will give you that."
thanks
mike
Thursday, January 29, 2009 7:27 PM
I have the HRC stage ll, and I beat a 04 mustang at 13.2psi boost but this was not at a track if u know what I mean. I only run that much boost for the @!#$ talking V8 guys. So motor really never sees that but every blue moon.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
~Using nitrous is like having sex with a hot chick with an STD, you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences.~
Friday, January 30, 2009 6:30 AM
Do you really want to risk the engine for a 200 dollar bet? I'll tell you the fuel "system" from the hahn system is maxxed on the recommended boost setting - something like 90psi of fuel pressure at WOT, not so good. You'll need larger injectors and a complete retune to have a chance of not blowing it up.

Of course if you want to bump it up for one run and see what happens, that's your call. Let us know how it turns out though.

Friday, January 30, 2009 7:12 AM
its funny, if i go all the way to 5500 rpms i loose speed, if i @!#$ at 4300 or so, 2nd gear hits boost instantly and pins me to the seat. love it...
Friday, January 30, 2009 7:13 AM
Mike wrote:I have the HRC stage ll, and I beat a 04 mustang at 13.2psi boost but this was not at a track if u know what I mean. I only run that much boost for the @!#$ talking V8 guys. So motor really never sees that but every blue moon.

what did you use to control the boost?
Friday, January 30, 2009 6:41 PM
I have a greddy profec e-01.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
~Using nitrous is like having sex with a hot chick with an STD, you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences.~
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search