Problem leaning out - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Problem leaning out
Thursday, January 29, 2009 3:14 PM
I figured Id post this in here instead of maintenence.. A few weeks ago I replaced my pcm and lsj injectors with an hpt tuned pcm from another 01 auto z and ford greentops. I also replaced the front o2 sensor because my old pcm had closed loop disabled so it kept blowing them.I even replaced it again to see if there was a problem. Well heres what happens:

A few minutes into driving the car will bog out lean unless I get over like 3k rpms but then it still tries to, and if I have to come to a stop the car will want to die unless I keep the rpms up. It will flutter from very lean where it wants to die for a few seconds, then bounce to 14-15's for a second then go lean again. Once I get driving and away from stops(highway cruisng) the car is fine and even when I get back to stops again it wont go lean except for maybe a second but it wont bog out and want to die. So basically it only does it a few minutes after driving and only lasts for a few minutes, after that its still a little more lean than Id like but still safe. It does it every time I shut the car off then drive again. At wot the car is pretty much ok, still a little more lean than Id like but safe. Idle at startup is much leaner than Id like as well, and it will sometimes go all the way lean but wont realy bog out.

What does this sound like? Clogged injector maybe or something in the tune? There was no ve tuning done with the pcm and the car it came from was running more boost on a bigger turbo than I was, mostly just trans/misc settings and the injector constant put in for the 440's. I understand that every car should be tuned for its specific setup but I dont think it would cause this.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Re: Problem leaning out
Thursday, January 29, 2009 3:16 PM
Crap, meant to post this in the tuning section. Ill make a duplicate thread if mods could please lock this. Sorry guys!!

Re: Problem leaning out
Thursday, January 29, 2009 3:48 PM
is the fuel pump priming? what about fuel filter? id try to trace it all the way up to the injectors if possible.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search