what do you think about this turbo kit - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
what do you think about this turbo kit
Saturday, March 12, 2011 4:15 PM
hi....well as i told in other post im planing to boos my 2002 eco sunfire.....

what does experts like you think about this turbo kit.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Precision-54mm-T3-T4-Turbo-Kit-WG-BOV-Cobalt-SS-Ecotec-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem43a120b0a7QQitemZ290466082983QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAcces sories

MURCIELAGO 2.2 ECOTEC...(CAI WEAPON-R AND AEM, RSM/Z-Spec ligth pulleys, RK-S Headers, MAGNAFLOW SS 2.5" catback, REAR DISC brakes/SS lines, RALCO short Shift, RK-S eng. mounts, KYB AGX Shocks, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, OPTIMA REDTOP)... J Body Member

Re: what do you think about this turbo kit
Saturday, March 12, 2011 5:55 PM
Those are all quality pieces actually. I think lots of people are more fond of Garrett and Borg Warner turbos around here, but Precision makes good turbos as well. And of course Tial is regarded as being very good.

I would get the .63 housing unless you are planning on making a drag only car on high boost. Seems like a reasonable price as well, all of those components separately are probably 250-400 more.
Saturday, March 12, 2011 7:13 PM
ok...tk.....

ohh, im planing to have a daily drive car....and for track days.....

MURCIELAGO 2.2 ECOTEC...(CAI WEAPON-R AND AEM, RSM/Z-Spec ligth pulleys, RK-S Headers, MAGNAFLOW SS 2.5" catback, REAR DISC brakes/SS lines, RALCO short Shift, RK-S eng. mounts, KYB AGX Shocks, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, OPTIMA REDTOP)... J Body Member
Saturday, March 12, 2011 7:56 PM
looking on ebay i found this turbo.....i can use in my ecotec???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BRAND-NEW-GARRETT-TURBO-GT3071R-A-R-60-PRECISION-TURBO-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2eb3ce0979QQitemZ200585120121QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAcces sories

Sunday, March 13, 2011 2:06 PM
the gt 30 is a pretty big turbo for a stock engine if you run the internal wastegat the boost is set at 14.5 psi... thats alot for the stock ecotec.... put it this way with that turbo on 18psi a cavaier ran 11.51..if you build it thats an amazing turbo i plan to run the 3076r when im done building
Sunday, March 13, 2011 2:53 PM
Honestly, that first one you provided looks like a pretty good deal. It would make for a heck of a street car, and if you plan on building the motor later on, you can just crank the boost up a little more and still be efficient.
Tuesday, March 15, 2011 2:47 AM
dude do some damn research.

you can use any turbo on your car depending on wtf you want out of it.

and don't buy crap like this from ebay, there are TONS of fakes out there.. goto a legit store and get the REAL thing.

what the hell is a "kit" that has no pipes or anything specific to fit the specified car? what a crock. its just some parts, no KIT.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 7:17 AM
^^^ I dunno PJ, those looked pretty real to me...

I agree on the "kit" part though... dont know why they are calling it a kit.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 9:46 AM
If the "kit" was 300 dollars, I would be leery of a knock-off. The components in that kit look to be legitimate, and the price is definitely reasonable.

As far as sizing, the specs appear to be very close to a Garrett T04E-57 - trim, a/r, inducer, exducer (Precision doesn't print/make maps as far as I know). I believe there are a few people running the T04e-57 turbos here with good results.
Tuesday, March 15, 2011 2:38 PM
still, that is not a lot of money for what you're buying.

why risk it? you're already spending over 1k, why not the extra hundred or two to purchase from a registered dealer or store online that you can

1) go back to if you have problems/ need to troubleshoot
2) warranty claim on defective parts
3) register with the original manufacturer (they will only really care if you buy from authorized dealer)

BIG risk buying from some ebay 'company'.
am I saying they're all scams? no.. but regardless.. why risk it.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 6:08 PM
Honestly, it looks like the place that turbo is from is pretty legit: http://www.realstreetperformance.com/gallery/main.php
It seems that they are as "real" as any good shop. It also says they are an authorized Precision dealer so they honor all warranty work.

I am not saying that he has to buy from them, but I can't see how going somewhere else is that much better. This is surely not a typically "ebay special."

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 6:30 PM
Dude, straight up dont try to cheap out on a turbo build... I did it and it ended up costing me well over $10,000 when it was all said and done. With this said I didnt even bother wasting my time looking at the link. I saw that it said eBay and I was instantly turned away.

Piece it together yourself, it will cost you more but you will be happier. Trust me!

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 6:45 PM
Josh G. wrote:Dude, straight up dont try to cheap out on a turbo build... I did it and it ended up costing me well over $10,000 when it was all said and done. With this said I didnt even bother wasting my time looking at the link. I saw that it said eBay and I was instantly turned away.

Piece it together yourself, it will cost you more but you will be happier. Trust me!

Don't say this very often, but that was a dumb ass comment.
Thursday, March 17, 2011 6:38 AM
Wagonwes wrote:
Josh G. wrote:Dude, straight up dont try to cheap out on a turbo build... I did it and it ended up costing me well over $10,000 when it was all said and done. With this said I didnt even bother wasting my time looking at the link. I saw that it said eBay and I was instantly turned away.

Don't say this very often, but that was a dumb ass comment.

Explain how?

Because I wasted my time and money and bought sh!t off eBay and it ended up costing me in the long run? Hey I guess I could go and piece together your setup and make 200hp and be happy.... I think I prefer my setup all day any day to yours. But then again which of us is shooting for 500whp on an automatic LN2?Obviously not you.

Thursday, March 17, 2011 8:42 AM
Wow your ignorance is really shining through. You didn't even look at the link did you? At least I don't have to pay a shop to do my work for me, and have some haggard ass setup.
Thursday, March 17, 2011 12:05 PM
just going from personal experience im having fun pieceing together my turbo kit and thou its taking some time to get it all at least i know i have quality parts and did some research on what i wanna accomplish

good luck and enjoy the build

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Thursday, March 17, 2011 12:13 PM
I pieced my kit together as well, I do understand though that all of those pieces in that "kit" are good - without question. All of them proven to be reliable and make big numbers.
Thursday, March 17, 2011 4:14 PM
kits? f kits..

kits are for hondas. round here... we piece ah ish together.

If it takes forever.... I will die trying. Underdog Racing
Thursday, March 17, 2011 6:52 PM
Wagonwes wrote:Wow your ignorance is really shining through. You didn't even look at the link did you? At least I don't have to pay a shop to do my work for me, and have some haggard ass setup.

Haggard ass setup huh? thats funny coming from some one who runs a Chrysler turbo...

Hey man you can hate all you want on my @!#$ and the fact that I can afford to pay a professional speed shop to build my car. I work a full time job like 60 hours a week and I am a full time student so I really dont have time to be wrenching on cars nor do I have the space to lock my @!#$ up in between the building process.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search