cartech fmu - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
cartech fmu
Tuesday, January 25, 2005 9:09 PM
i was just woundering if anyone know if you need to run a fpr wot this or could i just bypass it and use the fmu to set the fuel pressure?

Re: cartech fmu
Tuesday, January 25, 2005 9:13 PM
Wow, that didn't make any sense at all

You need an FPR to set a base fuel pressure.

You need an FMU to increase the fuel pressure with boost.

The FMU does not set any fuel pressure, nor does it bypass the fpr. The FPR doesn't bypass the FMU either...

<br>

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, January 26, 2005 4:47 AM
The cartech Adjustable FMU #2025 has a base idol adjustament and a boost adjustament which is a really good idea...if i would go FMU i would only buy that one...you can use your stock FPR with it.
Wednesday, January 26, 2005 6:05 AM
i was reading the instructions for the fmu i got the 2025 fmu. there it a set screw on top that it say " this screw adjusts the fuel pressure with the vacuum/boost signal line removed". so i was just checking to see if i can use that to set the base idle fuel pressure and not need to use a fpr.
Wednesday, January 26, 2005 6:54 AM
I didnt know you can adjust thet base idle with the cartech...? That would be great then you wouldnt have to worry about a FPR. Are there different Cartech adjustables or is it just one? <br>

Wednesday, January 26, 2005 10:03 AM
hstylez wrote:I didnt know you can adjust thet base idle with the cartech...? That would be great then you wouldnt have to worry about a FPR. Are there different Cartech adjustables or is it just one?

thats what im tring to figure out. why would the fmu have a fuel pressure adjustment if it use s the stock fuel pressure or what your fpr is set to.it seems to me that you can just use the fmu as a fpr but im not sure so ill have to try it when my car is running
Wednesday, January 26, 2005 11:07 AM
let us know how it turns out man im listening to this thread for sure... <br>

Wednesday, January 26, 2005 11:16 AM
I have it, but doens' t know how to use it

<br>

Wednesday, January 26, 2005 11:16 AM
signature is too big, how do I adjust it?

<br>

Wednesday, January 26, 2005 4:07 PM
hstylez wrote:let us know how it turns out man im listening to this thread for sure...

ill let you guys know for sure. i just need to get my motor done and throw it all back in the car, so i might be alittle bit before it gets done. and i just got my fpr adapter today made by induction dynamics so i have all the parts now to bypass the fpr
Wednesday, January 26, 2005 4:11 PM
well I have the cartech

there is a by pass valve on one side of the unit itself.

basically what it does is help create vacuum again thru the vacuum line when you are not in boost.

You can set how effective that bypass valve is by a little turn screw on the side.

Basically how low you want your idle fuel pressure to return to.

Unfortunately unless you've been in boost at least once this baseline adjustment is no good.

You need a fuel pressure gauge to determine actual fuel pressures.

Steve

<br>

<a href="http/www.cardomain.com/id/stevefire23">stevefire23</a>

Wednesday, January 26, 2005 4:23 PM
[font=arial[As I understood it, the top screw was to set base "onset" pressure and the side "bleed" screw was to set your ratio.

That's how mine is working right now - adjusting the top screw allows me to set the base fuel pressure...

-Chris-
<br>

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Wednesday, January 26, 2005 7:48 PM
chris, do you have the 2025?

Im going to re read the manual again lol

(its not on my car yet thank god) <br>

<a href="http/www.cardomain.com/id/stevefire23">stevefire23</a>
Tuesday, May 24, 2005 6:19 PM
update
finally hooked it up this way, the car runs but it dosent increase pressure under boost, it also doesnt hold fuel pressure when you turn the car off, so now its time for a afpr, oh well it was worth a try
Tuesday, May 24, 2005 6:42 PM
Mine didn't hold pressure in the rail with the car off either, and that was bone stock.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Tuesday, May 24, 2005 9:57 PM
mine held fuel pressure with the car off when the fuel system was stock, now it dont.

I have the walbro pump, cartech fmu and stock FPR/injectors.

so u were trying to bypass the FPR and see if the FMU would work as a FPR.

How did u tell if the fuel pressure didnt go up after boost?

Dont u have your stock pump in there? that thing will crap out under any higher demand of more pressure i bet.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search