b&M short throw has a squeeking noise - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
b&M short throw has a squeeking noise
Saturday, May 07, 2005 10:17 PM
heys guys recently last month i got my shifter installed, by a local shop and basically have been having problems with it ever since. the first problem is, its still has play. The shop told me the play is coming from my shift cables bushings are worn on cables is this true guys? and the second problem is whenever i move the shifter, theres a squeeking noise. I dont know where or how to correct this sueeking noise. please help me guys. i have a 1996 cavy.
thanks

Re: b&M short throw has a squeeking noise
Saturday, May 07, 2005 11:42 PM
As far as the squeeking, I only have that going between 1st & 2nd, so I think it's from the shift boot. The only other thing I can think of would be the shop that did it, didn't put enough grease (if any) at the linkage points or the ball.

Thursday, May 19, 2005 10:24 AM
What kind of grease should you put on the ball? Regular lithium grease?

Thursday, May 19, 2005 11:00 AM
when i got my short shifter from b&m it came with the grease you need. why you went to someone to put that in for you, i have no idea. but the stock boot doesn't seem to work too well with the shifter, and i don't know aobut anyone else, but i don't need to use the pull thing for reverse anymore, although my shifter came with the option, it just doesn't reach.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search