Tell me what you think: tranny upgrades - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tell me what you think: tranny upgrades
Thursday, May 19, 2005 5:45 PM
I've been having tranny issues on my 2002 Z24 that only has 30000 miles on it. This is probably due to autocrossing, drag racing and mild-crazya$$ driving. However, I'm going to just prepare my tranny for boost. I expect to run about 300+ horses eventually on 15lbs or more of boost. To start, It'll prolly just be about 8lbs though(on stock internals). This is what I have found as far as the products I'm trying to install this summer:

Clutches: Store: Price:
Spec Stage II carcustoms.net $369.00
Bully w/ Throwout SII jbodyperformance.com $585.10

Flywheels: Store: Price:
Fidanza 8lb Highrevmotorsports.com $320.00

Axels:
300hp highrevmotorsports.com $670.00/pair
450hp jbodyperformance.com $524.16/pair

LSDs:
Phantom Grip highrevmotorsports.com $288.99

What do you guys think about these products. Does anyone offer the products listed for cheaper prices. And, is there anything else I need to install the above products beside good mechanical knowledge, instructions, a good buddy, and a case of beer. I've heard that I could replace the axle seals from my buddy. Anything else? I'm also planning on flushing the clutch and tranny and replacing the fluids.

That which does not kill you makes you stronger!

Re: Tell me what you think: tranny upgrades
Thursday, May 19, 2005 6:37 PM
Dropping the Tranny in the driveway is difficult, but possible. Get new output shaft seals another case of beer

To me, it's a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when you walk around. That way, if anybody says, "Hey, can you give me a hand?" You can say, "Sorry, got these sacks."
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search