I F ED Up (Maybe.....) - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I F ED Up (Maybe.....)
Saturday, March 16, 2013 5:29 PM
So i recently put a new clutch and pressure plate from center force and new slave on my 1998 cavalier 2.2.... long story short got the job done and the old clutch master quick connect went into the new slave hard... long story short went to press on the clutch pedal and it was very firm.... Press slightly harder and blew the clutch master off the fire wall.... Any Ideas???? Im going to try a new clutch master cylinder tomorrow hoping that maybe the quick connect fitting was damaged from removal or something....

Erik Packard

Re: I F ED Up (Maybe.....)
Saturday, March 16, 2013 5:40 PM
Hate to tell you but also need another slave cylinder too, the design is @!#$ and everytime I put clutch in my 98 with 2.2 had to put about 5 in to find a good one, pulled tranny 10 times one month bc of this. Last time I did my clutch snapped 3 master cylinders right off firewall before got mad and ripped tranny out to replace slave cylinder again than worked fine finally

FuzzMASTA9
Saturday, March 16, 2013 5:43 PM
And good note for you on this put 2 tranny bolts in it and use jack to level tranny out and leave like that, bleed and make sure its good than finish putting the rest together

FuzzMASTA9
Sunday, March 17, 2013 12:59 PM
Ended up finding out had to change the quick connect fitting on the new slave to the old one... Former owner ran a 97- line on the clutch master so after this change everything worked fine THANKS tho

Erik Packard
Sunday, March 17, 2013 5:03 PM
Got it all done now the clutch seems like it will not fully disengauge i tried bleeding it and that didnt work.... possible bad used clutch master cylinder tho it worked fine on old car????

Erik Packard
Sunday, March 17, 2013 5:26 PM
Does it grind and stuff going into gear or does it just seem really soft, mine always felt extremely soft after replaced original clutch, I tried 3 and kept doing it even with shims and all but worked better than stock. Seemed really jumpy but we also shaved stock flywheel down to 9 pounds on brake lathe for hell of it.

FuzzMASTA9
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search