ld9 transmission removal - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ld9 transmission removal
Monday, May 13, 2013 10:22 AM
well I broke my spec stage 2 this past weekend at Carlisle performance and style. didn't even make it to the showfield. had it towed home and now I need to replace it. I've pulled this motor and trans out plenty of times by never actually pulled just the transmission. my question is would it be possible to pull it out without pulling the engine? can I just remove the lower crossmember running from the rad support to the subframe and drop the trans out that way? or do I have to pull the engine again? thanks for any input

01' Z24 5 speed
422whp/400wtq
T4 Turbocharged
Built LD9
HP Tuners

Re: ld9 transmission removal
Monday, May 13, 2013 10:45 AM
Remove the lower crossmember, trim the subframe where that cross member bolts in... there is a lip there that you take off that will let the trans clear.

Support everything, unhook the slave, drain the trans, remove the wheels and axles, unbolt the trans mounts, then unbolt the trans from the engine.

Slide the input shaft out of the crank and be prepared to rotate the transmission 90 degrees clockwise to clear the subframe.

Let us know if you have any issues or questions.

Thanks,

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Monday, May 13, 2013 12:24 PM
thanks

01' Z24 5 speed
422whp/400wtq
T4 Turbocharged
Built LD9
HP Tuners
Monday, May 13, 2013 3:50 PM
Cutting that ear will make it easier, but can be done without cutting it off. I have done mine.

FU Tuning

Thursday, May 16, 2013 3:31 PM
well I got it out. clutch is fried. I'm going to take the spec aluminum flywheel out also and install a stock lightened steel flywheel. i don't trust this flywheel now......

01' Z24 5 speed
422whp/400wtq
T4 Turbocharged
Built LD9
HP Tuners
Wednesday, May 22, 2013 10:56 PM

01' Z24 5 speed
422whp/400wtq
T4 Turbocharged
Built LD9
HP Tuners
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search