Clutch pedal stops halfway after new clutch installed - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Clutch pedal stops halfway after new clutch installed
Wednesday, June 12, 2013 6:45 PM
i just pulled my tranny the other day and had a exedy clutch installed. after bleeding the lines my pedal will push down half way and stop. the pressure is so tight that u cant press it down anymore. the wierd thing i noticed before i intalled it was my old clutch disc had like a race on the end where the cv joints mount into and the new clutch had just a flat side. Any advice would be great thanks

Re: Clutch pedal stops halfway after new clutch installed
Friday, June 14, 2013 5:50 AM
02 Cavalier... what trans? First thing you should check since it happened to me... Check where the clutch line goes into the trans. It may look seated in the fitting but its not. If thats not it, you will probably have to pull it apart and check the slave cylinder. Did you use the clutch guide dowel to line the clutch up on the crank?

Friday, June 14, 2013 6:43 AM
I have a 05 now with the getreg but after pulling it again last night we hooked the new slave up to the hydraulic line while it was out of the tranny and the slave won't disengage when we push it in.
Friday, June 14, 2013 7:26 AM
How did you bleed the clutch?

This sounds to me like the connection between the master and slave isn't proper thereby not letting the master go through its full revolution. Whatever you do, do NOT force the pedal down or you'll tear the master and have to replace it.

Titans - are you saying you're using the clutch pedal with the transmission out of the car and no load against the slave bearing? Don't do that - you'll overextend it. The pressure from the clutch forks pushes the slave back in.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Monday, June 17, 2013 12:44 AM
Make sure you check the fitting on the trans where the clip goes to clip the line in. It looks seated there some times but its not, you have to pull the clip back out, force the line in, then put the clip back in.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search