05 cav clutch won't hold pressure - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
05 cav clutch won't hold pressure
Monday, June 24, 2013 11:02 PM
About a week ago the clutch started losing pressure when holding it in at a light or in traffic.
I got around this by always taking it out of gear while waiting, but now it's losing pressure so fast I can't shift into the next gear.
I'm not losing any fluid that I can see, and the hydraulic line is in good shape. Checked that first after it blew out on me a couple years ago.
Does this sound like a Master cylinder that's lost a seal, or something else?
Opinions?

Re: 05 cav clutch won't hold pressure
Tuesday, June 25, 2013 5:16 AM
Unfortunately as long as you're sure there's no air in the line it's probably the slave cylinder, which happens to be inside the tranny housing. You can start by replacing the master cylinder first if you want to try and avoid pulling the tranny out but more times than not the slave is the problem with these cars.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, July 22, 2013 12:45 PM
Yellow's prob right. I had a brand new clutch set up installed (by a total asshat scam mechanic)...and it kept going to the floor and wouldnt come back up. He installed the slave cylinder wrong so it wasnt sealed up properly.
Unforunately, its prob going to have to come back apart and be careful on the reinstallation.

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Monday, July 22, 2013 2:56 PM
I would say that if you are not leaking any fluid, it is more likely your master, not slave. The slave cant piss by without the fluid leaving the system, the master can.

Monday, July 22, 2013 5:08 PM
Sparkey05 wrote:I would say that if you are not leaking any fluid, it is more likely your master, not slave. The slave cant piss by without the fluid leaving the system, the master can.

I agree. Sounds like master.

FU Tuning

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search