Auto to NVG-T550 swap... - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Auto to NVG-T550 swap...
Saturday, June 29, 2013 11:09 PM
just finishing up with the 4t40e to nvg swap and for some reason the engine will not shut off when you turn the key off and pull it out.

any ideas on what this might be?

also, there is some cable that runs from the auto shifter up through the steering column. any idea wtf this is for?

M45/OS crank/2.4 snout. It's nice to be injected but I love being blown!

Re: Auto to NVG-T550 swap...
Sunday, June 30, 2013 5:06 AM
The cable is a lockout have to have the key in and turned on to take it out of park. As for not turning off possible bad ignition or tumbler if I have the column covers off make sure the tumbler is seated all the way in. Girlfriends car did the same thing tumbler was bad.
Sunday, June 30, 2013 7:14 AM
its very odd though considering it didnt do this before the swap and all of sudden after the swap it is.

Sunday, June 30, 2013 10:28 AM
when u turn the car off does everything else turn off except the engine?
Sunday, June 30, 2013 12:01 PM
no thats also whats weird. the cluster is also all lit up like the key is still on. its very odd. i swear a wire got put on somewhere that sees power that is not supposed to...

Monday, July 01, 2013 7:03 AM
I would double check all ur connections to make sure they r in the right stop and also that no bare wires are touching anything
Thursday, July 04, 2013 3:44 PM
it actually ended up being the aftermarket alarm system. no idea why but it wasnt allowing the key ignition curcuit to cut. soon as we unplugged the alarm the car shut off. now it works like its supposed to just needs the alarm brain left unplugged. no idea whats up with thtat lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search