Help with part numbers...tracking down clutch parts - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Help with part numbers...tracking down clutch parts
Friday, September 13, 2013 1:06 PM
Hey I'm swapping a recently rebuilt LD9 from a wrecked 99 Cav Z24 into a 2000 Z24 body, which I bought without an engine. I have the correct Getrag trans but I have to change out the flywheel, clutch, etc from the Isuzu unit, and I don't have any of those parts for the Getrag.

I cannot find the flywheel in any of the online lookups for any major parts stores (Autozone, Rock Auto, etc.) ... plenty of flexplates and flywheels for the 2.2 listed, but none for the 2.4. I found a couple on eBay but they are listed as 95-05 or something and are obviously the thicker Isuzu flywheels... Does anyone have a part number, source, or cross reference I could check? Is the flywheel the same as the 2.2?

Also I am looking for the hydraulic hose that runs from the master cylinder to the slave. The P/O kinked the one I have and it has a huge split. Do those typically come with a master cylinder? If so I may just replace the whole works.

Any help is appreciated!!!

Re: Help with part numbers...tracking down clutch parts
Sunday, September 15, 2013 5:01 AM
I just looked on Oreilly's site they have a flywheel listed for $59.99.

Your hose you will either have to by a clutch master cylinder, or look for the thread in this forum that shows how to do a SS line conversion.

FU Tuning

Sunday, September 15, 2013 8:35 AM
Hot damn, exactly what i needed!! thanks!
Sunday, September 15, 2013 9:26 AM
also another option for the line you need junkyard.

FU Tuning

Thursday, October 10, 2013 12:49 PM
Are the 2.2 and 2.4 flywheels the same? (assuming both have the Getrag?) The part listing at OReilly's says "call the store for availability" and the folks that work there haven't bothered to return my call after 2 weeks. I should nag them but I'm not inclined to give someone my business if they don't want it too much.

Autozone and many other folks have the 2.2 listed but nothing for the 2.4.
Friday, October 11, 2013 10:03 AM
Shows same part number on website for the 2200 and 2.4.

Did you leave a message or actually talk to someone?

FU Tuning

Friday, October 11, 2013 10:35 AM
dont know if your still working on this but go to the scrap yard for the hose/bleeder end. thats what i did 15$ they charged me. and all the trans parts should be the same as the 2.2

also dont cheap out on the clutch parts, you might save a little but in the long run your gonna be replacing the clutch again 1-4 years early so pay that extra 100-200$ and get something good and safe brand named. also a fly wheel for 60$ i wouldnt trust that to much. get one for atleast 150-300$. because it would suck if your parts failed while you're far from home on a trip or something

btw when you do put in the new clutch there should be a 500km break in period so dont abuse it. drive it easy and try not to drive at the same rpms. try and range your rpms when you drive from 1000-3000
Sunday, October 13, 2013 1:34 PM
Went with the Exedy clutch so that's not a problem, thanks for the advice on the break in. Got a scrapyard flywheel on Ebay but it arrived very rusty and unfortunately it's badly pitted so it will be going back unless I can find a local machine shop that will turn it (if it even can be machined). Rock Auto doesn't carry the flywheel (I checked directly with them), can't find it on any websites except GM Parts Direct for $186, which is far beyond my budget at this point. I have too much $$ in this car already but also want to do it right because I cringe thinking about doing it again later!

I did talk to the guy at OReilly's and he took my name and number and said he had to e-mail the supplier, he just never bothered to call me back. After doing more looking, the flywheels for the 2.2 and 2.4 have different parts numbers on OReilly's site and GM Parts Direct doesn't show part numbers but the prices are $30 different between the 2.2 and 2.4 so I have to assume the parts are also different.

Thanks for the help, am talking to the machine shop tomorrow and will go from there. There's a couple others on ebay at least so I can track something down!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search