transmission in gear but wont move - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
transmission in gear but wont move
Sunday, September 22, 2013 5:30 PM
hey guys I need some help from you jbody gurus, my 03 cavalier is not moving at all when I put it into gear, clutch feels normal and it goes into gear without popping out, but as I was pulling out unto traffic going from first gear to second it just revved up intead of going I recently replaced my cv axles, and was wondering if maybe the driver side could have failed causing the car not to go, please input if you've come across a issue similar to mine

Modding my j since I found the org

Re: transmission in gear but wont move
Sunday, September 22, 2013 5:54 PM
I went back to the car and put it thru gears and I can hear it going thru gear and I can hear the tranny moving but not moving, also my speedometer is going up as Im going thru gears as if it was moving so my guess is the axle wasn't all the way in or it broke or failed some how

Sunday, September 22, 2013 6:24 PM
I would say either axles isn't pushed in all the way, or diff is broke.

FU Tuning

Monday, September 23, 2013 6:44 AM
well @!#$ looks like the axle broke with in a month or it broke off inside the tranny, im having a mobile mechanic come out as I don't have any tools to do the job on the side of the road, already ordered a replacement part and hoping its nothing major, I jacked up the car took off the tire, and when I put it in gear I can hear the transmission moving but there isn't any power transfer to the wheels

Monday, September 23, 2013 3:56 PM
I doubt the axle is broken.

FU Tuning

Monday, September 23, 2013 4:25 PM
Well apparently it was a faulty cv the spline wasn't sitting right on the passenger side, new one is in and the purple monster is good to go

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search