Stock Torque Converters, 3 Speed Gears and more - Page 2 - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Stock Torque Converters, 3 Speed Gears and more
Sunday, January 04, 2009 4:07 PM
[url=http://www.transtar1.com/default.asp]TranStar Industries is a manufacturer and wholesaler of transmission parts. You can download the catalogs in PDF format for you own use.

Download: TranStar Ind. GM TH125(C) / 3T40 Catalog
Download: TranStar Ind. GM 4T40E & 4T45E Catalog

I have yet to call them, but they have distribution warehouses all across the US. Use their web site to find more information on the parts you want or need.

Download: TranStar / Recon Torque Converter Catalog

Pages 23-25 list the info on the transmissions and torque converters used. Both the 3 & 4 speeds use the same design TC and will interchange. 4T40Es should use one with a woven carbon clutch, while the TH125C/3T40s can use the paper (GM73), low carbon (GM73C) or woven carbon (GM73CW) clutches, the later is the most desired. The GM73/C/CW are all in the 2300-2900 rpm stall range. Most on here would want the highest stall speed possible, which is 2795 rpm. Look for the first two letters FA in the two to four letter / number code. F is for FWD, A is for 2795 rpm stall speed. There is also FK, which is a 2760 rpm stall speed converter.

Note: The letter coding is the same as far as the two to four digit TC codes as the DACCO listed above, but Recon breaks the stall speeds and clutch type down by the GM prefix codes. DACCO uses the B21 codes, look for the four digits as listed above for the designed trans type, stall speed, clutch type and bolt circle.

Monday, January 05, 2009 3:31 AM
STICKY!!!!!!!! madjack you are the man ive learned alot from you and keep on learning keep the knowledge train rolling lol.

Monday, September 27, 2010 5:12 PM
Doesn't anyone make a Torque-sensing LSD for these trans-axles?

Go beyond the "bolt-on".
Monday, November 26, 2012 8:25 AM
just a bump to keep this tread close to the top LOL
Monday, November 26, 2012 4:19 PM
http://www.engineered.net/eplsd.htm

He who dies with the most toys wins!
Thursday, November 29, 2012 6:24 AM
Torq455 wrote:http://www.engineered.net/eplsd.htm

I have a brand new, never used, one for a TH125C I would sell for cheaper than you can get from them

Tuesday, August 15, 2017 10:01 PM
Does anybody still have this info? Trying to figure out what i have and then look for better gears.
Tuesday, September 10, 2019 8:33 PM
I sure can use some help here. I have 3 different TH125C's and I want to ID the torque converter< ring and pinion ratio, and the drive and driven gear set. I try to follow the way it says in the post but can not seem to find them. One (in car now) has a tag that reads AKC 00 9292. Another is AKC 99 9012. And the other is AKC 00 9300. I run 1/4 mile flat paved circle track with a 95 Sunfire. I am only reaching about 4600 rpm max. Car runs strong from 5000-6000 ish when it hits the rev limiter. I need more gear! I run 2nd...and yes I have tried many different size tires and 1st gear but just does not get me where I want/need to be. Please let me know if anyone can help me here. Thank you in advance!
Friday, September 13, 2019 9:11 AM
I sure can use some help here. I have 3 different TH125C's and I want to ID the torque converter< ring and pinion ratio, and the drive and driven gear set. I try to follow the way it says in the post but can not seem to find them. One (in car now) has a tag that reads AKC 00 9292. Another is AKC 99 9012. And the other is AKC 00 9300. I run 1/4 mile flat paved circle track with a 95 Sunfire. I am only reaching about 4600 rpm max. Car runs strong from 5000-6000 ish when it hits the rev limiter. I need more gear! I run 2nd...and yes I have tried many different size tires and 1st gear but just does not get me where I want/need to be. Please let me know if anyone can help me here. Thank you in advance!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search