SHIFTER CABLES!!! - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
SHIFTER CABLES!!!
Sunday, October 07, 2007 12:04 PM
One of my shifter cables broke and I am in the process of trying to replace them and having a very hard time. Anyone got any tips or advice on changing these? I have everything unhooked but can't get the cables out. The gromet seems to be hanging up inside the firewall somewhere. Please help! I need the car back together by tomorrow. Thanks in advance.

Re: SHIFTER CABLES!!!
Sunday, October 07, 2007 12:23 PM
They were a beotch, I don't know of an easy way, but i think I disco'ed them at the tranny and pulled them out through the inside of the car. It's been a couple of years since I did that.

I remember it being one of the most unfun things to do since it looks like it should be so easy.

Sunday, October 07, 2007 1:18 PM
FstCavZ24 wrote:They were a beotch, I don't know of an easy way, but i think I disco'ed them at the tranny and pulled them out through the inside of the car. It's been a couple of years since I did that.

I remember it being one of the most unfun things to do since it looks like it should be so easy.

I'm with him. There is a rubber stop/hole plug they go through. If pulling from the engine bay you are pulling against that plug. If pulling from the inside you will with it.

FU Tuning

Sunday, October 07, 2007 1:39 PM
Got it out and new ones in. Yeah, it had to be taken out from inside. Once I removed some of the plastic molding I was able to see the gromet from the inside and maneuver it out. Thanks
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search