replacing tranny on 04 eco cavi, Need Help Please :) - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
replacing tranny on 04 eco cavi, Need Help Please :)
Tuesday, October 11, 2011 1:38 PM
im replacing the 04 eco 's f23 tranny with an 03 f23, i removed the old one and slid the replacement into place and bolted it up it put it all back together and here is where i need the diagnosis= it turns over and runs i push in the clutch with good pressure(because i bled them) put the shifter into first then when i let out the clutch the car will move ahead a couple feet then stop and it sounds like a grinding like its not fully catching, im guessing that rod with the grooves in it didnt correctly slide into the other part that the clutch is on, but i didnt think it would be able to bolt up if it wasnt lined up correctly because the casing is alligned perfect. is there a certain way that rod is supposed tho slide in there or is the pattern of grooves all the same?
also the new tranny has the axle pieces coming out of both sides that slide up in the center of your wheel hub and tighted with a large nut, well my old tranny on each end where it slides into hub has large gears going around it that my new one does not, will that affect how my car moves and compatability or do i have to exchange with mine? here is a pic of the one that came off my car with the gear teeth around it

[IMG=http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/3581/img32771.jpg][/IMG]

Re: replacing tranny on 04 eco cavi, Need Help Please :)
Tuesday, October 11, 2011 2:06 PM
So you installed new cv joints too, or what are you trying to say?
Did you seat the cj joints into the trannny as far as they would go til they click in?

Re: replacing tranny on 04 eco cavi, Need Help Please :)
Tuesday, October 11, 2011 8:41 PM
No the whole setup with the cv joints were already attached, I was referring to the transmission sliding into the motor, do the teeth only match up one way?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search