Should I change or be happy with what I have? - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Should I change or be happy with what I have?
Thursday, February 24, 2005 6:01 PM
I currently run a set of 17"x7.5" Kosei K1's in silver. Like the style, just over 16 lbs a piece, but I'd like a color change. I checked prices on powdercoating locally. The most reputable shop charges $90 a wheel.

I was searching around and found a set of Ro_Ja Formula 7's in gunmetal. 17"x7" and only 15.5 lbs a piece. Price is right and If I stick to a 17" wheel, I could use the same tires (Pirelli P-Zero Nero M&S 225/45/17).

Opinions?

Wheels are for a bright red 2002 cavalier coupe.

"The J's weren't designed to be sports cars, the suspension sucks, the brakes are tiny, and the target market for our car doesn't need to be able to do any more than 65mph." - Shifted

A more accurate observation has never been typed. These should be the starting points before any serious performance modification. What's the point of making a serious performer if you can't control it's power?

Re: Should I change or be happy with what I have?
Thursday, February 24, 2005 7:10 PM
just get the wheels painted a lot of wheels are painted from the company!!!

Friday, February 25, 2005 7:52 AM
That's the way I'm leaning. Thanks for the input.

"The J's weren't designed to be sports cars, the suspension sucks, the brakes are tiny, and the target market for our car doesn't need to be able to do any more than 65mph." - Shifted

A more accurate observation has never been typed. These should be the starting points before any serious performance modification. What's the point of making a serious performer if you can't control it's power?

Friday, February 25, 2005 8:43 AM
^^ wont you be better off getting them powder coated the color that you want??

dan

Friday, February 25, 2005 2:33 PM
id say be happy with what you have even tho those roja's are HOT!

i'm baaaaack!!
Saturday, February 26, 2005 5:57 AM
The idea came down to cost. $90 a piece to powdercoat plus having the tires remounted and balanced (5 wheels x $100 = $500) versus picking up a set of new ones that are a little lighter ($775 shipped + $40 for mounting and balancing = $815). I think I'll stick with what I have. Thanks again everyone for the insight on this. Thinking black with the outer inch of wheel lip in body-color bright red.

Saturday, February 26, 2005 11:49 AM
Wow, I didn't realize a company would charge you so much for a mount and balance on tires you already have... Just seems pretty pricy for the little amount of time it'll take them to do it.

As far as your question is concerned, I like both of them but personally I prefer the second ones a little better. I just have always liked the riveted look. If I was in your shoes though, I would definitely just get my current ones painted.

"I count him braver who overcomes his
desires than him who conquers his enemies.
For the hardest victory is the victory over self."
- Aristotle

Saturday, February 26, 2005 1:16 PM
RO_JA wheels kick azz so i'd say get em i like them way better than the ones you have now!

Saturday, February 26, 2005 3:41 PM
find a different shop. 500 to dismount and remount and balance 5 wheels seems way too expensive. It really should only take 20 or 30 minutes.

Sunday, February 27, 2005 2:56 AM
The mounting and balancing was only $50 if the current ones were powdercoated. ($10 a piece). The expensive part is the powdercoating.

Sunday, February 27, 2005 6:13 AM
man sell yours ....get the rojas problem solved

ClassGlass / RkSport / Eibach / Motegi / Ractive / Borla / K&N

Sunday, February 27, 2005 8:06 AM
$90 a piece for powder coating is pretty expensive actually. My friend had all 4 of his rims done for $180.

Sunday, February 27, 2005 10:30 AM
There were cheaper shops in the area, but this place does the best work. Still torn. I'd liked to get to exhaust work eventually.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search