Wanli vs. Nankang?????? - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Wanli vs. Nankang??????
Saturday, February 26, 2005 4:58 AM
Just looking for a preference on a Wanli tire vs. a Nankang tire, both are 225-45-17??

Re: Wanli vs. Nankang??????
Saturday, February 26, 2005 5:22 AM
most people will say nankang are junk but as long as your not driving like your on a constant autocross course theyll last a long time and they grip good. I had mine on for two seasons april-september and they still looked new when i sold them. Only time they slipped was when it was really wet.

**TEAM GMCI**

http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotsaus_2k1
Saturday, February 26, 2005 5:31 AM
hotsaus_2k1 wrote:most people will say nankang are junk but as long as your not driving like your on a constant autocross course theyll last a long time and they grip good. I had mine on for two seasons april-september and they still looked new when i sold them. Only time they slipped was when it was really wet.

yeah i got his old ones and they do look freakin brand new still!

also the guys on the Nissan Altima boards swear up & down that these tires are great

hope that helps..

laters

oh yeah ive been told by a few owners of Wanli tires they was garbage... not sure why but thats what i was told

My car was made with wrenches, Not chopsticks.
Saturday, February 26, 2005 5:33 AM
my favorite tires are nitto extreme performance 450's

thats what i will get next probably

My car was made with wrenches, Not chopsticks.
Saturday, February 26, 2005 7:05 AM
i have them... since 02,and no problems. the tread still looks like new....but my car is also a weekend driver.. im sure if i drove my car more that would tell a difference. i agree with hotsaus...... if you get them and not drive on them like your on the circuit i dont see why they wouldnt last as long as any. and I DO SPEAK FROM EXPERIENCE, because i've had a set of toyo proxes and i had to end up leaving them because one of the tires had a defect in them (belts busted in the sidewalls). i bought the nankangs and i've had no problems with them so i say go for it.

ClassGlass / RkSport / Eibach / Motegi / Ractive / Borla / K&N

Saturday, February 26, 2005 8:15 AM
well speaking from experience ( but mine is 22/40/18 ) i had Nakang and they are junk. I hated every day i had to drive that car. Sidewalls went very very fast and inner lining busted. I never had Wanli so i dont know or never even heard of it. I got BF GOODRICH. pay the extra money and get what you deserve.

Saturday, February 26, 2005 10:01 AM
wanli is great, ive had them for a long time and i still have tread. THey grip decently too

-----------------------------------------------------

98' Pontiac Sunfire SE

Saturday, February 26, 2005 10:02 AM
oh and i have that exact size, i love them. all my friends have them now (an eclipse, a spectra, an intregra, and a g35), because they had some bargan tires and ive had mine longer then them and they have needed to replace theirs

-----------------------------------------------------

98' Pontiac Sunfire SE

Sunday, February 27, 2005 3:12 PM
I had Nankang NS2's (225/40/18), I thought they were junk, my suspension mods continuously pushed them to their limit, and they broke loose way too often. They're cheap package tires, so you get what you pay for I suppose is how the old saying goes.

Sunday, February 27, 2005 3:23 PM
nankang = apc ................people are gonna buy these tires and products regardless.
if you like them get them....... if you dont .........dont buy em

ClassGlass / RkSport / Eibach / Motegi / Ractive / Borla / K&N

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search