wheel studs - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
wheel studs
Monday, February 28, 2005 2:32 PM
I just got my new wheels on and found out I have 2 crossthreaded wheel studs. Would it be safe to drive it less than a mile to get it repaired.

Re: wheel studs
Monday, February 28, 2005 3:06 PM
hmm thats a risky decision.... i'd just call chevy roadside and get a free tow rather than try it

My Car Sucks
Monday, February 28, 2005 3:09 PM
Ive never heard of chevy roadside. Will they tow it for free even if its not under warranty. Do you have a phone number

Monday, February 28, 2005 3:45 PM
1-800-chev-usa

im not sure if its something you buy from the dealer or not, i have their little sticker on my window and i've used it twice now. i asked the lady the other day when i got the car towed if she could tell me when my warranty expired and she had no idea. they just ask you the VIN number and who its registered to and that kind of stuff. im sure you can call the number and find out. i never listened to the whole menu bc option 1 is for roadside service so i just chose that one. they tow you to the nearest dealership which might not be what you want so i guess if they cant help you try AAA if you have it.

My Car Sucks
Monday, February 28, 2005 4:04 PM
Ha, ive driven on 3 wheel studs before, for a mile keep it under 25, you'll be fine. It's not like the wheel is gonna fly off, if your careful and slow it'll be better then calling road side, waiting, then going to pick it up.

My Sunfire
Monday, February 28, 2005 4:24 PM
I didnt think it would be a problem driving for less than a mile. Id replace the studs myself but I can only get them from the dealer and there 10 bucks.

Monday, February 28, 2005 4:55 PM
new studs cost me 88 cents a piece at the auto parts store.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search